Earplugs TV

jmcarrol

anyone notice on long range tv shows they don't seem to use earplugs? How do they not use them with muzzle brakes guns? I saw best of the West moose hunt and neither guy had plugs in.

Last edited:
If you want to tag into a thread you can just click on the watch thread icon.
Screenshot_20180110-154252.jpg

I agree I also see lack of hearing protection on those shows. As long as we are talking about personal safety. I am amazed on how many instances I see someone sweep their rifle's muzzle across another person.

I get a real kick outta some of these shows. The editing is brutal sometimes and the fake celebration after a shot that was done for editing is terrible. The worst is when they have a hat on or a rain coat or something when they are in some of the footage or have bino's on and as they edit the show back and forth it's different.
I bet a lot of them have hearing protection on while shooting but the edit shot doesn't. If you think about it, most of the hunter shots are edited, how many cameras and batteries could they pack.

I'm always amazed at how many people I know will hunt without plugs even with a break. My dad is very hard of hearing from years of construction and hunting. Just this New Years we went out and he was shooting his 6.5 creed we got him for Christmas last year with a break and he wasn't using plugs. I was like *** doesn't that hurt. We shot four deer in a matter of seconds. Then a follow up shot to put one down. All with no plugs and he acted like it was nothing. Worst part was he has those crazy $2,000 plus custom plugs and never uses them. I was so ****ed when he bought those as he did it on a whim at SCI convention in vegas. I use both kinds of sound gear hunting and industrial and love them. I wear them all day and don't get any ring in ears even shooting my big boys. Hell my guides never seem to wear plugs even when I warn them and they say it's fine they do it all the time. Man they will regret that later.

If you've already lost your hearing, not installing hearing aids might be hearing protection!:eek:
But I seriously doubt it...:confused:

snox801,
Man I'm with you on this. It makes no sense to not take advantage of the modern devises.

I figure my family has genetic hearing loss with age. My mom never fired a gun and never worked in industry and yet lost her hearing. My dad use a .410 shotgun back on the farm as a kid but didn't do guns after he was about twenty years old and also lost his hearing. I started using hearing protection at least forty-four years ago: Plugs and muff at the range and electronic muffs while hunting since the 1980s.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.