E Lock or Dial

A safe will last a long, long time. Electronics? Not so much. I vote dial lock, too, just as @belldar recommended.
Have had my Browning safe with electronic lock for approx 25 yrs, and no problems other than needing to replace the 9V battery every 3-4 yrs. I like the electronic because it is so quick to open.

One of the guy in our hunting group bought an e-lock safe that after a year wouldn't open. We changed the batteries a couple times and tried everything from going on line to the manufacturer to taking the outside of the lock apart and couldn't get it open. The closest lock smith who could deal with it was two hours away but finally there was no choice. It cost five hundred dollars to get him here and he had to drill the lock out and change it to a dial type. Now none of our group will own a straight e-lock type of safe.
Brand?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.