Duramaxx stock issues

7stw

Hello to all, it has been awhile since I last posted, but have been busy at work since I went back in march. Any way, I purchased a duramaxx stock from Stockys, and it simply did not fit. I have a savage model 10 fp LE i 223, which is going to be my platform for a rifle that I have been in the process of building for some time now. When the stock arrived, I liked the feel, and the finish, which is OD green with black webbing. But when I went to install it, the barrel was hard pressed to the right side. I called Stockys, and some dude, (name witheld) told me thats the way they are, and was actually quite rude. So I decided to contact B and C, and they apoligized for the in-convenience and gave me a R/A. Then I got a e-mail from them, b and c , saying that if I wanted to, I could attempt a repair, and they even told me what to do. I did attempt it but it seemed as though it was going to be a pain. I opted to utilize the r/a and have them fix or replace it. They were wonderful to deal with, and offered the repair option to save time. I must say I was dis-appointed with Stockys, and will think hard before using them on my next purchase. Has anyone had issues with the duramaxx? My first option was the medalist, but they were backordered at the time, and was told by Kim that they would be for awhile. Otherwise, I liked the feel, and finish of the duramaxx. I am sure that B and C will get it right . Any thoughts? AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL, 7STW

Had the same issue with a var/med. ,as did a couple other people here and also the same problem with MY duramax stock . They all pushed the barrel off center to the right in the barrel channel. Cured the problem myself with a dremel tool and some devcon. I myself did not contact B&C but one of the other fellows did and they also told him how to fix the problem and that the cause was an issue with the mould. I am happy now with both stocks but you would think that if a company knows of a problem they would fix it.. With a bit of tweeking there stocks work very well..

Had the same issue with a var/med. ,as did a couple other people here and also the same problem with MY duramax stock . They all pushed the barrel off center to the right in the barrel channel. Cured the problem myself with a dremel tool and some devcon. I myself did not contact B&C but one of the other fellows did and they also told him how to fix the problem and that the cause was an issue with the mould. I am happy now with both stocks but you would think that if a company knows of a problem they would fix it.. With a bit of tweeking there stocks work very well..
flyin lizard, Thanks for the fire back, and also for the similar experience. I think I will be hapy with the stock, once it is squared away. It just SEEMED like a lot of work, and time, which at this point, I don't have much of, but that is a good problem. (work is busy now) Bell and Carlson assured me they would take care of it, and I truly beleive that, Stockys couldn't be bothered, or had some smart #$$%%^^ comment! HUMMMMMM!. Glad it worked out for you. I am sure they will make it right!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.