DuraCoat

dakor

I was wondering how it is holding up for people that are using it? I know they say cure time is 2-3 weeks. I have not really played around with it very long and was wondering if it is as durable as they claim? I was also going to try Gun-Kote.

I've been impressed so far. I painted a 700ML muzzle loader with duracoat last fall and it seems to be holding up very well. I was extremely pleased to see the paint stuck around the breach plug (action area) even after 25 shots.

However I didn't have any luck with it sticking to scope covers.

My advise is to not put it on to thick and make sure it isn't dry spraying. Oh and some of the colors don't look like what is published (Desert Mirage Lizard).

IMG_0518-1.jpg

Ahhhhhhh, FINALLY! someone with the nads to paint the scope.

Nice job.

Yep, there are is a lot of stuff that won't stick to plastic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe if you roughed it a bit then primered???

The plastic held paint OK but the rubber didn't hold anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I think it was the stretch upon assembly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I propped my rifle on my wifes candles like that I'd be sleeping out with the dogs LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

what sort of air source did you use? I have been thinking about ordering a kit. I have a compressor with plenty of volume just not sure how touchy the airbrush setups are. Thanks

No problems there. Just regulate the pressure to 20 to 40 or so psi as recommended by the brush nozzle. The larger the tanne the better. I use a Bostitch 6 gal, 4.7 CFM @ 40 PSI. Other than scaring the the hell out of ya when it lights off, it works well.

[ QUOTE ]
If I propped my rifle on my wifes candles like that I'd be sleeping out with the dogs LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

She works nights, don't tell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I wouldn't mind sleeping with our spoiled rotten dog.

I'm sure any old airbrush would do as far as compressors go I'm using a small pancake style. Your probably further ahead buying a cheap airbrush if you already have a compressor. Those cans of air don't really appeal to me.

Nice looking rig!!! Thanks for the info I guess I will keep coating the collection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.