Duplicate the Nosler 270 WSM 140 gr AB Factory Ammo

Hobo

I would like to duplicate the 270 WSM Nosler Custom factory ammo with the 140 gr Nosler AccuaBond Bullet....

Can anyone please supply me with the make/model primer as well as the make/amount of powder????

Thanks!!!

------------<" ){{{{><

Last edited:
... On a whim last night I sent a note to Nosler requesting the same information I requested above..... I checked my email a few minutes ago and was pleasantly surprised to see a response from Nosler....

They stated that they used Winchester Magnum Primers and IMR 7828..... They also stated that the powder charge varied from one batch lot to the next....

------<" ){{{{{><

... On a whim last night I sent a note to Nosler requesting the same information I requested above..... I checked my email a few minutes ago and was pleasantly surprised to see a response from Nosler....

They stated that they used Winchester Magnum Primers and IMR 7828..... They also stated that the powder charge varied from one batch lot to the next....

------<" ){{{{{><

Hobo,

Sounds to me like you have done most of the leg work, now all you need to do is pull one of the bullets from an unfired round and weigh it out and there you go! Make sure to take all your measurements for seating depth and OAL before you pull your bullet...

Good luck, BK.

And be sure and BACK OFF ON THE POWDER CHARGE AND WORK BACK UP. Different lots of powder will result in different accuracy and pressure. That is why Nosler uses different charge weights.

And be sure and BACK OFF ON THE POWDER CHARGE AND WORK BACK UP. Different lots of powder will result in different accuracy and pressure. That is why Nosler uses different charge weights.

Thanks for the reminder of that RT2506! I didnt even think to mention that in my earlier post, I just took it for granted that everyone did that when working up a load... Thanks again.

Just like RT said, ALWAYS back off and start low and work up!

I think you can duplicate the speed easily with RE22 or H4831 and federal or cci primers and make it more accurate and consistent. I have personally dealt with a lot of rounds that really don't do anything spectacular with 7828.

In my savage 270 wsm I used 140AB with 62.2 gr I7828SSC. Loaded to 2.860.
It gave about 3140fps and very good accuracy.

RockZ

..... Of course,,,,,, I should have recognized that......

I misread the I for a 1 (one)....

Sorry about that.... I wasn't trying to be a smart ***...

I appreciate your response....

-----------<" ){{{{><

Pull the bullet on one of the factory rounds and weigh the charge.See if they are loading stick or ball powder.I was able to duplicate a load for my 7STW this way.I did some research and found the powder that was used and it worked.I have also heard that sometimes special blends are used,so as always,start low and work your way up.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts