Dumb Newby Question on why new rings don't fit...

Schroedernd

I've had this savage fcp-k 10 223 for 10+ years and it shoots lights out. I've had a cheap athlon argos scope on it and wanted to upgrade the glass. I was using nightforce 30mm titanium rings. I purchased a Sig tango 6 3-18 on here and some 34mm vortex (seekins rings) on here which arrived today. Go to mount the rings and they don't fit on my rail. Is it simply because this is a weaver style and I need picatinny? Are rails universal or do I need something specific for my rifle? Pics are of the old rings and new ones by the rail.

Attachments

• 20210710_202944.jpg
    20210710_202944.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 177
Newbies NEVER have DUMB questions!!! Your question that may seem dumb could possibly save fingers eyes or even life of yourself or bystanders. The best shooter or hunter in the world was an unknowledgeable beginner at some point!!!!! When in doubt STOP and ask!!!
And if you don't understand the language or the words, ask for clarification.

In different businesses, or places you might live in, the language can be mystifying. dinner, supper, soda, pop, soft drink.

I've had this savage fcp-k 10 223 for 10+ years and it shoots lights out. I've had a cheap athlon argos scope on it and wanted to upgrade the glass. I was using nightforce 30mm titanium rings. I purchased a Sig tango 6 3-18 on here and some 34mm vortex (seekins rings) on here which arrived today. Go to mount the rings and they don't fit on my rail. Is it simply because this is a weaver style and I need picatinny? Are rails universal or do I need something specific for my rifle? Pics are of the old rings and new ones by the rail.
@Thomas B. is correct. Is yours have a flat or round rear, and are you looking
for a canted rail?