Dumb luck or getting better?

Orange Dust

Back in March I ordered a bunch of parts from Dillon. All out of stock with stupid long deliveries. I couldn't bring myself to pay the ransom folks were asking. Dillon charges up front so that makes the decision tougher. Well, guess what? It is all at my house. No idea if they are padding delivery dates for a cushion, or if I just got lucky and ordered stuff that was already in the pipeline, but here we are.

Back in March I ordered a bunch of parts from Dillon. All out of stock with stupid long deliveries. I couldn't bring myself to pay the ransom folks were asking. Dillon charges up front so that makes the decision tougher. Well, guess what? It is all at my house. No idea if they are padding delivery dates for a cushion, or if I just got lucky and ordered stuff that was already in the pipeline, but here we are.
even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then

Buying anything 264WM here in Australia at present is like finding Unicorn poo!
Was browsing one of the supplier websites here over Easter, and found a Redding Deluxe 3 die set and ordered it right there and then!
Best part was...I got it for the WHOLESALE cost, nothing but GST on top. Woohoo!
Also was free shipping, arrived 3 days later.

Cheers.

Perhaps a bit preliminary, but there's a ton of powders showing up here locally. Several local shops are getting powders and bullets received. No one has primers yet. The powders are running about 10-15% less than a month ago. However the last primers I saw were $130/1000. OUCH!

I think Dillon is padding the lead times on some of it to keep the customer happy. I ordered a 550C and had in in a week. Lead time three or more weeks IIRCC

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.