Duluth Trading Co.Fleece Lined Cargo Pants - again

Litehiker

This is a reminder to those who may not have seen the previous year's post on these pants.

Duluth Trading Co. sells several fleece lined pants and most have cotton shells. Cotton is bad for hunting in rain or snow as it gets wet and stays wet (& heavy).

The Duluth "Dry on the Fly" fleece lined cargo pants have heavy nylon shells, a big, comfortable crotch gusset and many extras that you will like such as double knees and many handy pockets.

I have found these pants to be very wind resistant. I have sprayed mine with Revivex durable water repellant (DWR) to help keep them dry. I double coat the seat and knees.

For temperatures down to 5 F. I have found the heavier "polar weight" long johns and these pants are all I need when moving. For stationary hunting I can go about an hour with this combo before I need to move to warm up again.

Yeah, if the temperatures dip below zero I put my Thermolite synthetic fill pants on under Gore-Tex hunting pants - plus the polar weight long johns, natch.

So I suggest these Duluth pants for cold weather hunting and other activities. Not cheap but a lot less than the similar Rail Riders fleece lined nylon cargo pants.

Plus they have 36" inseam for us tall guys. I have a pair that's 4 yrs old now without a mark on them except for pine sap, holding up great. Next pair will be the duluthflex lined, I have a pair unlined and they are the most comfortable pants I have owned.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.