Duct Tape on muzzle brake

When hunting in the field a muzzle brake is a pain and the extreme noise can damage your hearing. Has anybody ever tried wrapping the end of the gun with duct tape in order to block the holes on the muzzle brake? Is this an ok way to temporarily block the muzzle brake?
"I" definitely will NOT do it. Hearing protection is a much better solution.

The problem with ear plugs is that you cannot hear the game rustling the brush.
Either run electronic protection or something like the plastic ear pro bands around your neck and put them on before the shot. This doesn't work well for quick shots but I don't usually like taking quick shots and if I have time to range a critter I have time to put ear pro on.

Either run electronic protection or something like the plastic ear pro bands around your neck and put them on before the shot. This doesn't work well for quick shots but I don't usually like taking quick shots and if I have time to range a critter I have time to put ear pro on.
I am not familiar with electronic protection. What is that?

True story:

A guy was shooting a ported rifle on the bench next to me. At some point he takes a shot and gets all excited as we both notice metal flying between us. As it turns out, he had fastened a SS hose clamp around the brake holes to see how it would affect recoil and his group. It only took one shot to blow the clamp to pieces. There is tremendous pressure at the ports of a brake.

The tape around a brake would probably be blown off before the bullet actually reached the brake.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.