Duct Tape on muzzle brake

When hunting in the field a muzzle brake is a pain and the extreme noise can damage your hearing. Has anybody ever tried wrapping the end of the gun with duct tape in order to block the holes on the muzzle brake? Is this an ok way to temporarily block the muzzle brake?
My "muzzle brake" doesnt require any tape. Its made by Surefire. SOCOM762RC

When hunting in the field a muzzle brake is a pain and the extreme noise can damage your hearing. Has anybody ever tried wrapping the end of the gun with duct tape in order to block the holes on the muzzle brake? Is this an ok way to temporarily block the muzzle brake?
if you do not like the big bad bang get a muffler for it

I am not familiar with electronic protection. What is that?
Many out there. That's what I use at the range. Amplifies sound so you can hear and then the electronics shut down and muffle the sound of a shot before any damage to your ears. Tape is worthless. As several have said it has no effect as it blows off.

There are both muffs and in ear types of electronic protection that protect your ears above a certain DB threshold and allow anything under that to get through. I've heard they make it harder to determine the direction of sound but I've never run them so I wouldn't know.
I have several sets of the electronic ear muffs they ranged from $15 - $135. The Howard Leight sport are the best I have tried. They allow me to hear others talking around me and cut the High Decibel sound of the round going off. I have several pair as I have found the Cheap ones don't last to long. Most of those now only have one side that works. I use them so much that now I'm looking at the "in the ear molds" that are fit for your ears and have hearing aid type abilities also. on the bad side, on hot days the muffs are sweaty!

I have several sets of the electronic ear muffs they ranged from $15 - $135. The Howard Leight sport are the best I have tried. They allow me to hear others talking around me and cut the High Decibel sound of the round going off. I have several pair as I have found the Cheap ones don't last to long. Most of those now only have one side that works. I use them so much that now I'm looking at the "in the ear molds" that are fit for your ears and have hearing aid type abilities also. on the bad side, on hot days the muffs are sweaty!
I remember seeing a bunch of advertisements on here for a set of really small in-ear style that Len was using that I really like the look of but I can't remember what brand they were. I know they were in the $300 range.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts