DTM .375 Cheytac and 50BMG Ammo

orkan

Desert Tactical Munitions is brought to you by the people at Desert Tactical Arms. DTM has several calibers in their lineup right now, and they are all very competitively priced and perform very well.

We did an initial taste-test of the DTM 308 line earlier this year. You can read that review here.

Below you'll find an image of the packaging that the 375CT rounds come in. Perfect boxes to reload your own after the first firing! You don't often find ammo shipping in Berry's boxes. The 375CT load uses a 352gr lathe-turned solid which I believe is from Cutting Edge bullets. They carry a BC of .890 and the DTM load has them coming out at 3080fps.

IMG_7072.JPG

The guys at DTA recently put their HTI and this DTM 375CT ammo to the ultimate distance test. They fired at a target set at 3080yds, and were able to maintain 2moa, with the smaller group being .75 MOA! They have the full article with included video up on their blog, the DTA Comlink.

http://www.dtacomlink.com/dta-dtm-3080-yards-with-hti-375-cheytac/

Right now DTM has the following available:
DTM 308 WIN, 175 Grain, HPBT, Box of 20 Rounds - $24.71
DTM 338 LM, 300 Grain, Box of 20 Rounds - $89.99
DTM 375 Cheytac, 350 Grain Solid, Box of 10 Rds - $69.42
DTM 50 BMG, 750 Grain, Box of 10 Rounds - $66.95

You can place your order through Primal Rights, or go direct. I'd suggest going direct and ordering right from DTA's website. There is zero markup in this stuff. They are really trying to provide an excellent ammo for minimal cost. When it comes to most DTA items, there is a benefit in ordering from us. Whether it be extended service, a price break, or just the confidence in dealing with Primal Rights. However, on this ammo, they are keeping prices so tight in order to provide the best possible pricing with the highest possible quality... it's better to just go direct to DTM to make the order. If you have any questions about the ammo, or other DTA products, feel free to call us anytime!

Ammunition - Desert Tactical Arms

If it is a CE bullet, is it the MTH(unting) open tipped version, or the solid tipped MT bullet.

I'll be verifying what exact bullet they are using this next week. DTA was busy with SHOT this week, so I wasn't able to ask them.

They start at about $7,200 and go up from there depending on color, mount, bipod, and other options. The 50BMG conversion is also currently available at $2600, with 416 barret and 408 cheytac on the way in 2013.

They truly are the absolute best big bore rifles made. I've spend quality time behind just about every 50bmg platform out there. None hold a candle to the HTI.

Is there any chance I could buy some of the ammo sleeves without having to buy the ammo? I am looking for some 10-20 round ammo sleeves for the CheyTac but they seem to be hard to come by. DTM hasn't been to motivated to share their source with me.

The article Orkan is referring to in the original message can be found on the updated company blog page here :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.