Dry boot leather

justgoharder

I've got a pair of boots that are real leather and goretex, I absolutely love them. However, they are extremely dry and i want to prevent them from getting ruined.

what do you guys put on your boots to keep the leather from getting dry and possibly cracking that won't ruin the breathability or waterproof of the boots.

thanks.

bear lard been using it for years.turns rock hard leather soft in a couple minutes

I use sno-seal on several leather boot of mine. Works great at waterproofing and lasts a while. I haven't noticed any difference in breathability. I use a hairdryer to help melt it into the leather when it's really dry.

I use OBENAUGHS. Ive been using it for years on my Whites snow pacs,and my Hawthorn wildland fire fighting boots. Everyone from smoke jumpers, to loggers, and ranchers, and concrete, and construction workers use it in this part of the world.
I can tell you from experience that it WILL protect your boots, and lengthen thier life. Absolute best stuff Ive ever seen, or used. Its kinda spendy, but not compared to a $200.00 - $400.00 pair of boots!

I like the bear lard, after you clean your boots lay them in the sun for the day. let the suns rays dry them real good put then in the oven stuffed with newspaper than but remove the laces
before you put them in the oven. heat it to 110 degrees. than wipe bear lard. it work great.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts