Dropped one with the 204 in a ravine.

Good job on the coyote. I haven't shot any of 32gr bking. I have shot a bunch of 39gr bking. But went to 35gr Berger. I have been working on the 40gr Berger load a little . My father in law got it yrs ago. I seen what he went through. I live in Arkansas. I hate the seed ticks more than anything. So little and bunch of them. The ticks here r so bad.

204 ruger, How do you prepare for the ticks ect. when you go out . Do you use an insect repellent on your pants cuffs ? Or are there other ways that you deal with them and other critters ?

We have seed ticks, yearing ticks, speckle backs, and deer ticks. U get into the seed ticks u r in trouble. U cant hardy see them but u can feel them. I use tick spray. Some people will wait until they get home take a bath in a little bleach. It dont take much in the water. Some people just dont hunt until the first frost. I know some loggers that put little gas on outside of pant legs . I was trapping coyotes first of march. They were eat up with ticks. I pulled my traps.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.