drop of bullet at 1000 yds

I don't think you read with understanding to well. You sight in your rifle before you hunt. You don't sit and try to account for spin drift and which direction you are shooting before you shoot at your game....well at least I don't.

I sure do

Let me put it another way. How many times have you ever heard "Oh hell I blew the shot of a lifetime because I set my scope to shoot West and the deer was to the East. Forgot to reset my scope to account for spin drift variance. "

Or... "Oh hell, I blew the shot of a life time because I didn't have the right dope"

Man I wish I had a scope that calculated spin drift and variances in bullet strike relative to whether I was shooting east or west.
All mine has is windage and elevation knobs.

Last edited:
Played with ce today at 1220. Went back forth with each direction and shot a solution facing east and elevation was good. I didn't read wind right so I got another mountain shooting education.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.