Drop camp or similar needed!

I would drop out this year. Hard winter in the NW. Save your money for a different year. In couple. The winter kill has been very bad. In those mountain I would be out there on my own. The Griz are thick in those mountains, and by yourself wouldn't be very safe.

I have a buddy that just canceled on me for an Idaho hunt and now it looks like it is up to me if I want to get a hunt done. The problem is that I am from Alabama and about to be going back to school for my Masters degree, so time is limited and I have no points for a tag. Is there anyone that knows of a drop camp outfitter that is reputable and can supply a bull tag? I contacted Canejo Canyon Outfitters in Colorado, but his unit no longer uses over the counter tags because they changed the rules. I would even settle for a nice mule deer hunt. If not, is there a reasonably priced guided hunt with tag included anywhere? I don't mind spending a fair amount for a reputable outfitter, but I don't have 10k to spend on such short notice. Is this even possible, or am I just screwed? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Give New Mexico a call several of the Reservations offer hunts for groups or singles. Try Acoma, Zuni, Jicarilla or Mescalero they may have what you're looking for.

Ace

Just go buy the camping gear you need, then go 2nd or 3rd rifle season in Colorado. Everything all in tag, gasoline, tent, sleeping bag, stove could be done for less than $2,500. Just pick a zone and go. Take a Garmin and a couple good knives. Watch a youtube of a few hunts, order a book on Elk hunting. Taxpayers own the National Forests in this country, go use em!

Last edited:

Recent Posts