Drop Camp Elk Hunt ?

MN Hunter

I am looking to do an Archery Elk hunt with my two boys. I can not afford a guided hunt for the three of us. I have found several different services that offer reasonably priced drop camp hunts. We are open to going just about anywhere - Colorado, Wyoming... Anybody have a favorite they could recommend checking out?

You could try Moss Springs out of LaGrande Or. Theyre reasonably priced, and thier bow hunters usually get into elk. Also Might try Deadwood Outfitters,the Carters out of Baker Or. They guide and do drop camps in Idaho. I went to college, and rodeo'd with thier daughter at T.V.C.C. And theyre family has a very good name in Baker Or. Honest good folks. Either of these would probably be good to try out for Oregon or Idaho.
Also towards the bottom of the main page, L/R/H has a list of guides who are long range friendly.(I dont know if this pertains to archery or not)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.