Drone Footage Prototype Hammer 30cal Fallow Hunt

That is such cool video! We have wanted to do that for years, but never have because it is illegal here.

Fester made me laugh! So thanks for the chuckle. If it wasn't meant to be funny, well....it was.
I laughed too! I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Gday
Here's a bit of info to twitch over

This doe was fairly agitated & did that make her twitch more than normal 🤷‍♂️but twitching comes in a few forms imo , I can say hammers have showed @ some extreme velocity impacts 4 k plus in 30 cal & 375 twitching that is different than anything else I've seen & im not saying muscle twitching/spasms as that's not what I've witnessed & one critter after approx 10 min was still twitching like trying to grab things with it's paws
It was so weird I can't explain it properly & why I hope I have a video & was not the FaceTime that I was doing with bean @ the time that I did to show what's going on when we were doing some cool stuff with hammer's & trying to kill them along with my usual finding weaknesses in designs to exploit them & then I can fail them on a design base parameter @ minimum & this prototype is still getting put through the testing process I'll talk to bean in private & hopefully he can explain it better than me & come in & explain his thoughts .
I think it's the electrical circuits in the nerves not spasms but different to the deer in the video so maybe someone can tell me what was going on as I've got no idea

Back to this footage
163 gr 30 cal
Impact approximately 2500 impact
3EE297C0-6474-4CF8-AB26-62357F439077.jpeg

Ed
I'll send a bit of a video on as I got to her & I think it might be better than me explaining the vitals as pretty self explanatory imo
Cheers

Gday
Ed Thanks for putting the extra part up / added on that video as it speaks volumes imo & yes it's from approximately 2500 impact
Hmmm now that's cool imo also & shows what a good bubble can do

Disclosure The George spoken by me is GLTaylor & we've shared many thoughts , pictures & videos with a couple other guys personally that has lead to a better understanding by us all in that group it was really just a private video as we do a lot of them but it's one that I thought was applicable for here so please GL I'm not asking you to come in to back me up as I think I've got it covered with the following as always more to learn as we keep saying 👍

I hope the added bit shows some insight into this prototype's capability but it's real good imo

Moving forward
I've had some time to digest the twitching comment & a ✅ing I went so there are always better ways to look @ things & im always wanting to learn but I need some clarification from @Fester Bestertester on what he or she believes is the outcome that should have occurred in the reaction of this animal that will give me a little insight into what is the goal I should be searching for on my quest to find the holy grail of pill design ( please tell me your choice in 30 cal & if you want to really delve out of a 300 rum ) & I'll happily explore it as I have with most other designs

Fester to get you upto speed on my journey & where I'm upto & where I want to get here's a bit

bangflops these days when I'm hunting has a extremely high % & has grown from what I use to know as I've understood more on what's required to get that result ( some species are nearly bullet proof to get consistent bangflops across the board of angles from what I've seen & used but always room for improvement )

I don't hunt personally myself a lot now as I'd rather watch & be part of others hunts but testing bullets I love doing that & really it's a self obsessed disease I have that I'm willing to share these days & we are lucky to have many good pills that kill well but testing on marginally placed shots or varying resistances like I mainly do these days is to help me evaluate the true potential of a pill's capabilities that sets a lot of pills apart yes I'll state again most pills will kill but it's not just a kill that I look @ it's how they kill that's important
I have talked & annoyed many a veterinarian & few doctors while shooting a few critters along the way & doing my own autopsies ( I did some with veterinarians to gain knowledge)

It's what we may & do encounter in the field noting some of the shots I preform are ones that due to animal behaviour are outside even the most seasoned hunters observations of game behaviour & the way they will act yes I try to simulate when things go wrong or @ a minimum the non broadside ( ok you smarties yes to cover my bad shooting skills 😜 )

So what is it I'm missing fester or anyone else that would like to delve in the fascinating world of terminal results that I've tried to work out most of my life so I'd appreciate some feedback so we can all learn on what to look out for as I'm sure others would like to also know

Fester please let me know if the above is unclear & what parts I need to clarify & explain so we can get in-depth to help me in my journey

Cheers

Gday
Ed Thanks for putting the extra part up / added on that video as it speaks volumes imo & yes it's from approximately 2500 impact
Hmmm now that's cool imo also & shows what a good bubble can do

Disclosure The George spoken by me is GLTaylor & we've shared many thoughts , pictures & videos with a couple other guys personally that has lead to a better understanding by us all in that group it was really just a private video as we do a lot of them but it's one that I thought was applicable for here so please GL I'm not asking you to come in to back me up as I think I've got it covered with the following as always more to learn as we keep saying 👍

I hope the added bit shows some insight into this prototype's capability but it's real good imo

Moving forward
I've had some time to digest the twitching comment & a ✅ing I went so there are always better ways to look @ things & im always wanting to learn but I need some clarification from @Fester Bestertester on what he or she believes is the outcome that should have occurred in the reaction of this animal that will give me a little insight into what is the goal I should be searching for on my quest to find the holy grail of pill design ( please tell me your choice in 30 cal & if you want to really delve out of a 300 rum ) & I'll happily explore it as I have with most other designs

Fester to get you upto speed on my journey & where I'm upto & where I want to get here's a bit

bangflops these days when I'm hunting has a extremely high % & has grown from what I use to know as I've understood more on what's required to get that result ( some species are nearly bullet proof to get consistent bangflops across the board of angles from what I've seen & used but always room for improvement )

I don't hunt personally myself a lot now as I'd rather watch & be part of others hunts but testing bullets I love doing that & really it's a self obsessed disease I have that I'm willing to share these days & we are lucky to have many good pills that kill well but testing on marginally placed shots or varying resistances like I mainly do these days is to help me evaluate the true potential of a pill's capabilities that sets a lot of pills apart yes I'll state again most pills will kill but it's not just a kill that I look @ it's how they kill that's important
I have talked & annoyed many a veterinarian & few doctors while shooting a few critters along the way & doing my own autopsies ( I did some with veterinarians to gain knowledge)

It's what we may & do encounter in the field noting some of the shots I preform are ones that due to animal behaviour are outside even the most seasoned hunters observations of game behaviour & the way they will act yes I try to simulate when things go wrong or @ a minimum the non broadside ( ok you smarties yes to cover my bad shooting skills 😜 )

So what is it I'm missing fester or anyone else that would like to delve in the fascinating world of terminal results that I've tried to work out most of my life so I'd appreciate some feedback so we can all learn on what to look out for as I'm sure others would like to also know

Fester please let me know if the above is unclear & what parts I need to clarify & explain so we can get in-depth to help me in my journey

Cheers
Hey Fordy. I really thought @Fester Bestertester was joking. It certainly made me laugh out loud. Hopefully he can let us know if he was indeed joking.

Hey Fordy. I really thought @Fester Bestertester was joking. It certainly made me laugh out loud. Hopefully he can let us know if he was indeed joking.
Gday Steve

I hope he / she was or can shed some light on what his / her interpretations are as I'm puzzled & you know how anal I am on terminals & im going to do a simple test & hopefully someone can explain what's going on with twitching but I don't mind putting it out twitches don't concern me as it's lights out from the flick of that switch but always willing to learn & accept if I'm wrong

Stay tune test to come shortly
Cheers

Gday Steve

I hope he / she was or can shed some light on what his / her interpretations are as I'm puzzled & you know how anal I am on terminals & im going to do a simple test & hopefully someone can explain what's going on with twitching but I don't mind putting it out twitches don't concern me as it's lights out from the flick of that switch but always willing to learn & accept if I'm wrong

Stay tune test to come shortly
Cheers
Well, I can tell you that in Africa we have been positioning animals better than 10 min after death for pics and had the things dang near stand up with a twitch. Kind of funny to have an animal that has been dead for quite a while kick you in the shin as an FU for shooting me.

Well, I can tell you that in Africa we have been positioning animals better than 10 min after death for pics and had the things dang near stand up with a twitch. Kind of funny to have an animal that has been dead for quite a while kick you in the shin as an FU for shooting me.
Reptiles are the worst. I've had pieces of meat on ice overnight still twitching the next day when getting ready for the hot oil.
That sight will turn some stomachs

Gday
Test all done
Nothing fancy just a humble bunny rabbit hammered

I took the following series of pics off videos 1D0BFBD4-3519-402C-9925-32BDB46F5F7F.png48497E76-A8BF-4D28-85CB-D01B85875CC9.pngF36B3A29-3038-4605-8B89-854FEDF2A98E.pngCAA5FA74-8008-4146-86FE-28C1D4878EAF.png345D16E7-9FDC-4161-A39A-6967B6F21148.png5C47C0E6-F156-469A-ADEF-C9417BC4D0C6.pngC9AC77E7-9A9C-4D40-BB97-0D706C5F326A.png8D9F9A01-DB6F-4EC2-8EF0-068EEFF236ED.pngE2B0E6B8-6DF5-4EEE-8E10-ADF3E16834BA.pngit was taken to show some serious twitching & one I'm sure we have all done & can relate to so I guess I'm asking is a twitch a issue 🤷‍♂️

Now if you go back to the drone footage you can see that doe kinda spasm in her head movement prior to her kicking & im serious is this a concern to anyone along with the twitching / kicking of her legs 🤷‍♂️ I'm not itching for a blew just itching for guidance

To me this is not a concern & if we want to get into the depths these twitches have never ever been a concern of mine but if you knock the critter out from spine shock & no twitching I've seen a % of these animals after a short time stagger to their feet wobbling & if you don't secure with a subsequent shot a huge possibility of you will not find that critter or a long track to securing the critter if your lucky

Just what I've found to play out in the field but welcome others thoughts & looking forward to getting steered in the right direction if I'm looking @ this wrong

Btw that bunny did some real cool flips 😍 Cheers