Dream sheep gun

Yes you are correct, I just looked up the specs on my Rifles Inc. Lex builds a accurate rifle. Its right at 4.8 lbs, 23" barrel with muzzle brake, 3 shot groups with reloader 25, 150 grain Sirocco II groups at .05" or less at 3327 fps.
Ready to go this Rifles Inc. 7mm stw, Swarovski 3.5 - 10 x 42mm, sling and 4 handloaded 150gr. Total weight 6.25 lbs.
Once I received it, was only rifle I would take. Now it sits in the safe. Thinking of possibly selling it.

Last edited:
I've not started down the sheep hunting path yet but I have a rifle similar to yours in the works!!

7RUM
Rem 700 LA trued
26" Proof Sendero Light
McMillan Game Scout (Edge Fill)
Leupold Mk4 base/rings
Vortex HSLR 4-16x50 FFP

Man it is funny how things change!! Experiences in hunting and experience with equipment drastically changed my rifle inventory and even now it continues to evolve. I went on my first 'sheep' hunt-- Far west Texas free range Aoudad and carried a 9+lb fast twist .257wby but ended up luckily with a 140 yard shot.

Now I have the following parts for my "Dream Sheep Build"

Proof Research Lightweight Hunter Stock
Defiance AnTI
Bartlein CFW #4, 24" (will be chambered in 7SAUM)
TT Special Flat
Hawkins Lightweight Hybrids
March 3-24x42 FFP
Titanium 3 port brake

Should be 7lbs on the nose all finished up!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.