Dream hunt animal

Did my dream hunt about 30 years ago. Read "Maneaters of Tsavo" by Patterson when a teenager and became obsessed with the idea of hunting the African Lion. Fulfilled that dream in spades with the perfect hunt in my 40's. Shot this cattle killer after two days of tracking in the Chobe, Botswana. Still remember that hunt as if it was yesterday!
Did my dream hunt about 30 years ago. Read "Maneaters of Tsavo" by Patterson when a teenager and became obsessed with the idea of hunting the African Lion. Fulfilled that dream in spades with the perfect hunt in my 40's. Shot this cattle killer after two days of tracking in the Chobe, Botswana. Still remember that hunt as if it was yesterday!
View attachment 385693
Open sights on a double rifle. Heck yeah the way it should be done. I bet that was fun.

A buddy sent me pics from Yellowstone this morning. I'd have them framed .
60196.jpeg
60197.jpeg

I'm a little old and the mountains have gotten steeper, But, when I was in my 30s and 40s I went there and did that. Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Alaska. Then deer took me to texas, Illinois, Missouri Tennessee, Wisconsin, back to Colorado. Hunted Colorado eight years in a row. Bow and rifle. Now I'm sticking to Alabama, archery season starts on October1, runs through February10th. Buck and a doe per day. But three buck limit. Decade ago it was buck and a doe per day or two does per day. No buck limit. We have the deer.
I've hunted Wyoming, Utah Arizona and California for many years. Nevada a few times. Colorado twice. New Mexico twice . Montana once. Washingto once. I have many point for all species in first five states but I know I'm to old to burn them all but I started last year. I drew a rifle bull tag in Arizona. I've killed 5 cow elk and one bull there with bow. Drew rifle elk tag in 2004 but didn't kill a bull.

Mine has been any sheep hunt. Three years ago I mentioned this to my loving wife, and she said "DO IT! You aren't getting any younger."
So I signed up for one, it got delayed a year by Covid, and I am leaving now on Aug 20 for a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon, at age 78.
I did end up having bilateral total knee replacements last winter so I could do the climbing and hiking, and they have worked out great.
(Pictures to come in early Sep)
Congratulations Sir, that is AWESOME! I can only hope I'm healthy enough at 78 to do something like that. You are blessed.

Keep us posted please, even my wife said we need to hear the story.