Dream hunt animal

I'm curious on what everyone's once in a lifetime dream animal to hunt would be. For myself there are alot of animals that I would enjoy hunting and maybe even killing but there are two that stand out the most a Nubian ibex or a Marco Polo sheep. What would you hunt?
Lee -

Howdy !

For me it would be a large NE Indiana groundhog, taken @ 1,000+ yd.

I have the gun /chambering to do it, a correct scope for such an effort, along w/ the requsite reloading skills; and believe I can shoot well enough to get the job done !

Now.... I just got to get it done !

With regards,
357Mag

Bighorn sheep, Argali, Marco Polo would be my dream hunts if I can ever win the lottery! In that order.
Then Stone and Dall if I win big.😁😳
Then there is: Yukon Moose, Mt lion, Wolf, Greater Kudu... and red stag, walia ibex, mt. goat, siberian ibex, alpine ibex and the markhor. Oh, and a big ol' mountain caribou to boot.
Hey we are dreaming here, right? 😃

Last edited:
For me its an elephant and cape buffalo, both are dream hunts for.me. the Elephant if i had to pick just one. I am booked.to go next June and oddly enough I just got the rifle a couple days ago and I am about to start load development today. She is a Kreighoff Classic 470 N.E.
20220805_223201.jpg
20220805_223637_HDR.jpg

For me its an elephant and cape buffalo, both are dream hunts for.me. the Elephant if i had to pick just one. I am booked.to go next June and oddly enough I just got the rifle a couple days ago and I am about to start load development today. She is a Kreighoff Classic 470 N.E.View attachment 385788View attachment 385789
Beautiful and the dog also.my neighbor has hunted elephants a number of times. You may need taller ceilings for a mount. He said that he had hippo while there and that was the best meat he had every ate, so if the opportunity arises give it a shot

Beautiful and the dog also.my neighbor has hunted elephants a number of times. You may need taller ceilings for a mount. He said that he had hippo while there and that was the best meat he had every ate, so if the opportunity arises give it a shot
We can hunt hippo on land where we are going to be and I have been told that it is a very exciting hunt, when you hunt them on land. I plant to do so. We are going to the Omay North in Zimbabwe. We will be camping on the Ume river right by Lake Kariba.