Dream hunt animal

At least your's shoots…..mine has shown little interest in either. He will occasionally shoot…..but, very far down the priority list! ☹️ memtb
My son hunted with me since he was 5 yrs. old. The last 3 times he did were here in 2010 and 2012 and Utah 2011. He shot a buck lope and buck Muley 2010 and a nice buck Muley on 2012 here. I had been buying him points in Az., Ca., Ut. and Wy.. He had been telling me he wants to come out here and hunt. I doubted it. Well, in Nov. when points deadline was I told him. Told him I'm not paying for your points anymore if your not going to hunt. He said , can't you give them to anybody else? That's all I needed to hear... He makes good money and lives a lot closer now in Co. Springs. He'll lose his points here if you don't buy a point every other year. Extorsion. Az. He won't lose points but will lose your dedicated hunter or whatever they call it now point if don't apply every year and you have to buy a $160.00 license to even buy a point. More extorsion. UT. and Nv. did away with that nonsense. Ca. never did. I don't think Co. does either. I'm very tired of the points game and rich man's non resident game.

Lee7588, I wish the very best to your family! Living outside of the cities helps build character and a degree of self reliance …..both very good things.

My daughter doesn't hunt, but married a boy that loves the outdoors. They live in the country, all the kids grew up in the woods hunting (small game, deer, ducks), fishing, shooting, riding 4 wheelers in the mud, ect. The 3 boys have been working on vehicles since little kids. Even their sister goes out hunting with them and her husband. I think she draws the line at working on the cars/trucks though! 😉 memtb

My granddaughter has been hunting since 12 (16 now). I had a hunt booked in Africa to take her on, then covid hit. Hopefully when she graduates highschool we can go (if I'm able).
My dream hunts are with her for whatever animal. So far 2 mule deer, 1 antelope, Merino, Corsican, and a black bear with dogs. An old man's dream to pass it on!

At least your's shoots…..mine has shown little interest in either. He will occasionally shoot…..but, very far down the priority list! ☹️ memtb
Get some water balloons or plastic bottles and mix a strong dose of different food coloring in, assuming you have snow!!! Kids love the cool color splatter much more than just punching cans or paper.

Get some water balloons or plastic bottles and mix a strong dose of different food coloring in, assuming you have snow!!! Kids love the cool color splatter much more than just punching cans or paper.

Not much hope for getting son involved…..he's 52 years old and 1700 miles away! 🤔 I tried when my kids were young, but my "x" ( observe the "x" part) was very counter-productive in their rearing!

I have used the dyed water in gallon jugs with our local grandchild a couple of times and she enjoyed it! However, the parents must show some interest …..or we'd have to "kidnap" the kids to get them involved!

I guess this is the negative for living pretty far from town, with the closest grandchild was 20 miles away, and very involved in school/sports plus the parents weren't really involved/interested in shooting! The rest of the grandkids live from 250 miles away to the aforementioned 1700 miles away!

I know that these are just excuses…..but, there are limits as to what you can accomplish with those that have essentially abandoned shooting in favor of other things! memtb

Not much hope for getting son involved…..he's 52 years old and 1700 miles away! 🤔 I tried when my kids were young, but my "x" ( observe the "x" part) was very counter-productive in their rearing!

I have used the dyed water in gallon jugs with our local grandchild a couple of times and she enjoyed it! However, the parents must show some interest …..or we'd have to "kidnap" the kids to get them involved!

I guess this is the negative for living pretty far from town, with the closest grandchild was 20 miles away, and very involved in school/sports plus the parents weren't really involved/interested in shooting! The rest of the grandkids live from 250 miles away to the aforementioned 1700 miles away!

I know that these are just excuses…..but, there are limits as to what you can accomplish with those that have essentially abandoned shooting in favor of other things! memtb
👍🏼 My son is 30

I have hunted most of the animals that I wanted to. Only bucket list is cararabo that I can't seem to be able to spell today. Just turned 70 and lost a leg this year, so it will remain there for one of you youngun.

Sorry you didn't get your 'bou…..but, you've achieved that which most of us can only dream of! 👍 memtb

Recent Posts