Draw weight and effective killing distance

Great advice everyone. Thank you. I need to have my shafts cut down a bit. I think they are a bit too long. I'll just keep flinging arrows and working on my groups. The 60# draw is pretty easy so may bump that up after I get comefotrable with my form.
For you western alpine muley hunters, do any of you use the single pin sights? I have one on there now, but it seems like one more thing you have to deal with. I love it while practicing but it doesn't seem real practical for someone who won't be blind or stand hunting.

whether wheel bow or stick bow, the common denominator is the archer/bowhunter. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]this isn't so much about the tackle as it is about the tackle operator.

know your personal limits and the limits of yer tackle.

it always will come down to your consistent accuracy during hunting conditions.

making vital hits at 60-70 yards will increase the margin of error, no matter what gear yer using. it's all about what yer comfortably ethical with, in terms of killing game.

[/FONT]

Great advice everyone. Thank you. I need to have my shafts cut down a bit. I think they are a bit too long. I'll just keep flinging arrows and working on my groups. The 60# draw is pretty easy so may bump that up after I get comefotrable with my form.
For you western alpine muley hunters, do any of you use the single pin sights? I have one on there now, but it seems like one more thing you have to deal with. I love it while practicing but it doesn't seem real practical for someone who won't be blind or stand hunting.

I wouldn't use a single pin sight imho. I would put at 5 pin sight on. I use a 7 pin sight, but my bow will reach out there. A single pin takes too long to adjust if you jump a buck.

Also, do yourself a huge favor and go sign up for the ArcheryTalk forums. So much info your head will explode. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.