Draw the Trophy Tag of Your Dreams In 2012

ADMIN

Administrator
Let's take look at the application process in each of the western states and some of the premier species available in these states. With this basic information, you can begin to devise a plan for the 2012 application and hunting seasons, and planning is critical. Each year one state or another raises the cost of simply applying for a tag or even just a bonus point. In fact, this past year it was possible to spend over $2000 on mandatory hunting licenses, application fees, bonus point fees, and convenience fees, and this is not including the 20% interest most credit card companies are charging. That's a lot of money! By developing an application strategy and then sticking to that plan, you'll avoid wasting money in the short run and losing tags in the long run.Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Draw the Trophy Tag of Your Dreams In 2012, By Chris Denham. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

One clarification is needed - New Mexico does require the NR to purchase a $65 license, but the fee is refundable if you don't draw the tag. You must check the "refund my license fee" box on your application or you won't get your money back.

This is highly helpful! I went to Wyoming last year and killed two antelope. I'd love to go back. Hopefully in 2014. Anyway, my next challenge is for a mule deer or elk. It sounds like Colorado is the place to go. I seen a lot of muleys in Wyoming but I didn't get drawn. Ideally, I'd like to draw both antelope and mule deer tag for Wyoming now that I am more firmiliar with their draw process. Just seems tuff to draw that muley tag. I'm not really looking for trophy status. I'm just looking for a good representative buck.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.