Dramatic drop in velocity with exact same components - strange! Ever seen this??

Back to basics Gentlemen.

You are all funny as hell,

but one at a time can help this guy.

I've had a similar problem. Can't get the the range , problem solved. For now! Then I'm gonna be coming at ya with all sorts of questions.

I know someone mentioned it already but I have also had the muzzle too close to the first sensor on the magneto. It said my 6.5 creed was 3100fps, I knew something was wrong. I would bet it was something along these lines. It was reading the powder not the bullet.

Lately I have had mixed speeds with my chrono f1....the odd part was the 26nosler was about 150fps slower than original numbers but chrono read with very good averages of fps..
My 2 65284s were all over the place on fps....drove me nutso....with a fresh battery...and I put blue tape on my optics rods to make sure I was shooting near enough to the optics eyes......then I moved the bullets closer and started getting really good consistent readings for all 3 rifles........ha.....now I'm outta bullets..so no hunting for me....🙄

...then I moved the bullets closer and started getting really good consistent readings for all 3 rifles........ha.....now I'm outta bullets..so no hunting for me....🙄
No bullets? The shortage sucks.

Can someone help this man?

Perhaps you can Canabalise some Creedmoor rounds to get components, they gotta be good for something.

A buddy and I have been racking our brains trying to figure out why, thinking through anything that could have changed. Since components and even temperature were all the same, our only thoughts were similar - powder scale or chronograph. I haven't seen any similar issues with other rifles/loads using same powder scale so maybe my chronograph was wacko one day? What's interesting though is the first day the 86 gr load showed some minor ejector mark but 86 gr loads since haven't. Hmmmm
Well there ya go. Variables happen and for the most part are out of our control. Temps, barometric pressure, elevations above MSL, Air density (and this is important) as well as the possibility of either powder scale or chronograph errors are all things that enter into the equation . As an example, I took my favorite rifle out with my favorite hand load to the range on a bright sun shiny day with the temps in the high 80's. Chrono says X number of FPS. Next time temps in the 60's, chrono says so much less. Want to take those temps even further down into zero temps and you now have even more variation. Each and every shot is different. None will be exactly the same as the one before it. Changes in load data, temps, altitude, barometric pressure and the list goes on all have an effect on each round fired. There is no correlation between round 1 and round 20. Each will be a tiny bit different but if you are careful, remarkably somewhat the same, but different.