DPMS Sweet 16 trigger

bob4

Won one of these a few yrs back and with my other rifles shooting well I thought I'd load for this. But first I am in need of a trigger. The Mil spec that came with it feels like 2 inches of creep and a 12LB pull. Has anyone dropped a Timney or the like trigger in one? Also noticed they have options for small and large pins. How do I tell the difference? Probably mostly used for paper but ya never know.

Won one of these a few yrs back and with my other rifles shooting well I thought I'd load for this. But first I am in need of a trigger. The Mil spec that came with it feels like 2 inches of creep and a 12LB pull. Has anyone dropped a Timney or the like trigger in one? Also noticed they have options for small and large pins. How do I tell the difference? Probably mostly used for paper but ya never know.
Buddy has a Timney drop in for his AR. Breaks about 3 pounds but is a single stage trigger. Large pin are for Colt AR15's. Small should fit the DPMS

Small pin should fit--- there are about a gazillion choices for triggers for ar's...prices start at about $30 or so and go up to around $550--single stage or dual, OEM style or captured drop in style, even binary if that's your thing--- sky's the limit actually

Heck, you could pay $30000+ for an rdias if you could find one

Last edited:
I have 4 POF 3 1/2 lb and 1 CMC 2 1/2 lb drop in triggers in my ARs. All are single stage and break like glass. Joe Bob Outdoors has the best price on the POF triggers that I have found. The POF comes with anti rotation pins.

I run single-stage 3lb. Rise Armament triggers in mine. For the money, hard to beat.

With any drop-in trigger, you will need anti-walk pins. I recommend KNS.

Small pin should fit--- there are about a gazillion choices for triggers for ar's...prices start at about $30 or so and go up to around $550--single stage or dual, OEM style or captured drop in style, even binary if that's your thing--- sky's the limit actually

Heck, you could pay $30000+ for an rdias if you could find one
Been wanting one for many years. Someday..........

Question on a 2 stage. After firing do you have to return the trigger all the way or can you squeeze off 3 rapidly?

You have to return to re-set , different triggers have different pull lengths, re-set lengths overtravel lengths and pull weights-- just like any other trigger.

How to Tell: Measure the pins on your gun......The below measurements are approx...

Trigger and Hammer pins - Small .154 / Large .170
Front pivot pins - Small .250 / Large .315

I have used Jard, geissele, timmney and velocity.......The jard took a bit to set, but is ok now. I like the rest, but can't drop the money on another Geissele. I also have had good luck tuning up the Milspec triggers.....PM me if you want more details on that, but it sounds like you want a target trigger. Hope this helps! good luck in your decision...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.