Douglas XX Premium Air Gauged Stainless Steel Barrels - Any Good?

Xtremetj

I was in the market for 6.5 Creedmoor and happen to find a Remington with a Douglas XX Premium Air Gauged Stainless Steel Barrel.

Are the Douglas barrels any good? I've never heard of them? Just curious...looking for a way to pick it up if it's worth it.

Thanks!

I put a CM 7mm-08 featherweight Douglas on a 98 action years ago, and it shoots well.

I had one on my 1st semi-custom. It was inexpensive and shot really well, but was a copper magnet. Cleaning it was a huge pain.

I'll not buy another. There are better choices in today's market.

I was in the market for 6.5 Creedmoor and happen to find a Remington with a Douglas XX Premium Air Gauged Stainless Steel Barrel.

Are the Douglas barrels any good? I've never heard of them? Just curious...looking for a way to pick it up if it's worth it.

Thanks!

As other said they do shoot but read bottom of this page

Douglas Barrels, Inc

Might want to find out what twist it has

For what it's worth,
I had an action sent to Douglass and re-barreled with a SS XX barrel. I ended up shooting out the barrel trying to get it to shoot P.O.S.!!!!!

On the other hand,
My gunsmith chambered a CM savage prefit for me and it is way more accurate than I ever expected.

For what it's worth,
I had an action sent to Douglass and re-barreled with a SS XX barrel. I ended up shooting out the barrel trying to get it to shoot P.O.S.!!!!!

On the other hand,
My gunsmith chambered a CM savage prefit for me and it is way more accurate than I ever expected.

They all spin bad ones I don't care what they tell you.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.