Douglas XX Barrels

on the old Bench Rest Central board, there were several 1000 yard shooters that were using Douglas barrels. I think this came about from a tour of the Douglas manufacturing plant in Precision Shooting.
gary

Douglas has been around for a long time...and there's a reason for that. I wouldn't hesitate to put a Douglas XX Air-Gauged barrel on one of my rifles. Lots of people want the newest, best, most expensive...And there's nothing wrong with that. Buy what you want...It's your rifle. But a Douglas will be just fine as long as your smith does his part. For that fact, even factory take-off barrels can be made to shoot very well, provided the barrel is in good shape.

My smith recommends them. He's been using them for 50 years, and says they're the only manufacturer that will unconditionally warranty a barrel for the life of the original purchaser, without making a big stink about it. So, I wouldn't hesitate to use a Douglas barrel. Just my personal opinion.

But back year ago when I was building muzzle loaders....they were one of a very few that would sell a VISIBLE off center drilled muzzle loader barrel and tell you it was OK....just place the direction of the "off center" at 6 O'Clock or at 12"Oclock....

I sure dont want one!

But back year ago when I was building muzzle loaders....they were one of a very few that would sell a VISIBLE off center drilled muzzle loader barrel and tell you it was OK....just place the direction of the "off center" at 6 O'Clock or at 12"Oclock....

I sure dont want one!
Any of my new builds will have Rock Creek, Bartlein, Kreiger, or Lilja blanks on them. Most likely a 5R Bartlein.

Hey Sully, did you get my PM from yesterday? She'll be ready in a week or so...Gotta have some dies and brass for it... :D

Too funny. :) That instills a lot of confidence!

Any of my new builds will have Rock Creek, Bartlein, Kreiger, or Lilja blanks on them. Most likely a 5R Bartlein.

Hey Sully, did you get my PM from yesterday? She'll be ready in a week or so...Gotta have some dies and brass for it... :D

I did but where is your EMAIL with home addy ( postal addy) phone number..etc..etc??

I keep hearing all sort of good stuff about Rock Creek....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.