Douglas Supreme Barrels

Pa Grizz

I have a chance to pick up a rifle with a douglas supreme barrel.I have not seen any post on them.It's chambered for 7mm mag.The barrel was nine pounds when started, but was turned down to sporter.Any views on them

I have 5, all the airguaged....supreme.....22LR, 22 Hornet, 220 Swift, 7mm Mauser, and a stainless in 7mm STW. All will shoot one holers when I am up to it. Smith I used at the time swore by them and would use nothing else......without a lot of arm twisting.....they have performed so well for me that I not looked elsewhere..

I have a 257 wby that I turned into a 7MM wby 30 inch heavy target. shoots 1 hole if I let it. Stanley gave me a tour of plant. very nice people to deal with. will be doing a 300 wby into a 340 wby

I have only used one Douglas barrel and it shot very well.
My concern is who turned the barrel down and was it done correctly.
I know of the gunsmith who did the work.He has a good rep for his work.I just did not know alot about the barrels

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.