dont understand this

JMW67

Went to several reloading component sites earlier and like most they had zero powders zero primers very few in the bullet and brass sections then they state they are 10 days behind on shipping due to so many orders coming in. Maybe stuff is showing up and its just all the backorders being filled lets hope so

It's because everyone is wanting/needing components. And buy out the shipments almost immediately. For example I saw some powder I wanted when I came in for lunch last week one day. But I ate and came back to the page and saw that half the available types were gone already. I saw powder valley had powder yesterday and watched midway offer up some powder today. Although I must have missed the 8# of imr 4350s. It just takes diligence and time to catch them on occasion if you really need or want something.

We saw the video from Federal's CEO how that are producing ridiculous amounts of ammo, well I still haven't seen any anywhere, none of any of their different lines of ammo.

So to your point maybe its going to backorders, although I havent seen any ammo options for backorder. I was expecting to see some available by now.

Unless stores are keeping it in the back to hand out with new gun sales.

We saw the video from Federal's CEO how that are producing ridiculous amounts of ammo, well I still haven't seen any anywhere, none of any of their different lines of ammo.

So to your point maybe its going to backorders, although I havent seen any ammo options for backorder. I was expecting to see some available by now.

Unless stores are keeping it in the back to hand out with new gun sales.
the only thing that the shops here are seeing is the occasional case or two of 9mm home defence and 223 plinking ammo. that is all distributers have even seen to be able to supply. get on as many watch lists as possible and be ready when you get notice of in stock

Saw CCI small rifle primers locally today @ $95/1000. They had four 8# RL26 as well. I bought some MarineTex and left. BTW, they aren't shipping.

With the awareness of the shortage people are stocking up for the future and grabbing for there buddies. I wish they would sell it all in 4 lb jugs. That prevents people from investing in it if they dont need it. Also give us a chance to get a load and use it before our 1 lb is used up. My local shop has a 1lb limit. Barf

I've not been to many stores looking but have noticed on a local gun sales page more ammo is showing up for sale. Could be some they've stock piled and are deciding to cash in. But looking at it I believe it's new stuff they're catching on shelves re selling to make money. But I take that as a good sign if some is showing up on shelves. Ammo comes back our supplies will shortly after.

the only thing that the shops here are seeing is the occasional case or two of 9mm home defence and 223 plinking ammo. that is all distributers have even seen to be able to supply. get on as many watch lists as possible and be ready when you get notice of in stock

I agree, and I am on the Notify Me on about 12 different websites for some powder and 9mm ammo. I got one notification and the prices now are ridiculous, 9mm went from $0.10 to $1.00 per round. But still at all the ammo shops in town there is nothing.

I reload ao luckily I really don't need any ammo right now, still have a bit of 9mm but I still dont see anything in the stores.

Stay safe

I got 2 notifications yesterday from Midway. One for 8# jugs of accurate 4350, which was sold out when I tried adding it to my cart, and accurate magpro in 1# bottles. I picked up 2 #, but probably should've taken more.

Went to several reloading component sites earlier and like most they had zero powders zero primers very few in the bullet and brass sections then they state they are 10 days behind on shipping due to so many orders coming in. Maybe stuff is showing up and its just all the backorders being filled lets hope so
Ammo stores in my area are reporting that the manufacturers are reporting a lack of primer as the central limiting factor. However, gun stores continue to have lines outside unless you go on a super rainy day. My understanding is that nationwide there has been well over seven million new gun registrations. Manufacturers are as yet undecided whether to add capacity.

Ammo stores in my area are reporting that the manufacturers are reporting a lack of primer as the central limiting factor. However, gun stores continue to have lines outside unless you go on a super rainy day. My understanding is that nationwide there has been well over seven million new gun registrations. Manufacturers are as yet undecided whether to add capacity.
I don't think manufacturers are going to add supply - it wouldn't make any sense. It would take years and by the time they came online the demand would be back much closer to normal. Primers will be the bottleneck for a while but it isn't easy to find bullets or primers either.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.