don't laugh, Huskemaw complete video review,

cummins cowboy

this aughta kick the ant pile a bit. I have wanted to try one of these for along time. Finally I just said to hell with it if it sucks I will sell it. This is the original and pretty much for the most part only specific long range hunting scope being marketed soley as such. These have been around for years. They have been made fun of, mainly because of the hokey best of the west show. but they are made by LOW in japan who makes the bushnell tactical stuff, nightforce SHV, zeiss V4, vortex razors both generations. probably quite a few others. I have never seen an unbiased review on these anywhere. I sure am not biased as I do say some negative things about the scope. but I will say this the scope works and it freaking tracks!!! I am sure there is going to be some people saying its not this or that. or its confusing because the reticle doesn't match the turrets exactly. I matches good enough. you get capped or not capped turrets, you get a zero stop, you get COVERED WINDAGE!!! you get a reticle with wind hold offs thats simple and not cluttered with a bunch of useless non sense. you get japanese build, which is getting harder to come by these days and seems to be only for the higher end stuff. vortex, nikon, and now bushnell have shifted most of their lines to the Philippines or worse yet china. so here goes for your viewing pleasure. [video:youtube]

photo of my backer board calibration target.

photo of PST 2 being checked last fall, and pictures of my ghetto scope tester. I need to upgrade to 1/4" angle instead. but this works as it is.

Not bad for an amateur review! You're spot on with the "marketing over function" of most companies ***cough** Vortex lol.

The blue turret with yards on one side and MOA or MIL on the other would be a good option.

I have owned and extensively used a 5x20x50 Huskemaw for LRH to 1200+ yards for over 7 years. I also know a few other LR hunters that have used them for about the same length of time with experiences comparable to my own. Quite a lot of BS has been posted about this scope, mostly by people that have never used the scope,or as mentioned, are biased based by its use at BOTW. The glass on this scope is as good, if not slightly better then my NF NXS scopes with equivalent tracking accuracy and precision. The fast ratio parallax/focus controll is far superior to the NF with the yardage scale being extremely close to actual. It covers 20MOA/revolution while still maintains crisp positive click functions. The MOA windage reticle is uncluttered and perfectly weighted. It's compact and light(24Oz) and has proven to withstand very hard usage with no effect on zero or function. Most believe that it only uses yardage turrets, but MOA scaled turrets are available and the scope accepts the Custom Turret Tapes. Some balk at the .33MOA click divisions but I have not no issue shooting coyotes beyond 1200 yards. I have never had a single issue with this scope except when I slammed it during a fall so hard that the scope base screws were pulled right out of the receiverscope base screws. Assuming the scope was toast, a call to Huskemaws excellent support and service resulted in a replacement sent immediately. Amazingly, when I remounted my scope with replacement mounts, the scope tested out perfectly and the replacement returned to Huskemaw. That was 5 years and 40+ game and varmints shot from 500-1400 yards. I'm still using this scope and have complete confidence in it. IMO.

I have owned and extensively used a 5x20x50 Huskemaw for LRH to 1200+ yards for over 7 years. I also know a few other LR hunters that have used them for about the same length of time with experiences comparable to my own. Quite a lot of BS has been posted about this scope, mostly by people that have never used the scope,or as mentioned, are biased based by its use at BOTW. The glass on this scope is as good, if not slightly better then my NF NXS scopes with equivalent tracking accuracy and precision. The fast ratio parallax/focus controll is far superior to the NF with the yardage scale being extremely close to actual. It covers 20MOA/revolution while still maintains crisp positive click functions. The MOA windage reticle is uncluttered and perfectly weighted. It's compact and light(24Oz) and has proven to withstand very hard usage with no effect on zero or function. Most believe that it only uses yardage turrets, but MOA scaled turrets are available and the scope accepts the Custom Turret Tapes. Some balk at the .33MOA click divisions but I have not no issue shooting coyotes beyond 1200 yards. I have never had a single issue with this scope except when I slammed it during a fall so hard that the scope base screws were pulled right out of the receiverscope base screws. Assuming the scope was toast, a call to Huskemaws excellent support and service resulted in a replacement sent immediately. Amazingly, when I remounted my scope with replacement mounts, the scope tested out perfectly and the replacement returned to Huskemaw. That was 5 years and 40+ game and varmints shot from 500-1400 yards. I'm still using this scope and have complete confidence in it. IMO.

the adjustments on mine are actually 1/10th mil. its one thing I think they should be clear about because the turret cover says 1/3 MOA and it also says .36 per click. 1/3 rd moa is .349 inches actually. The best idea someone suggested is have the printed yardage turret on the outside. then have the pull up inner drum be marked in 1/10th mil for running a firing solution with smart phone app

the adjustments on mine are actually 1/10th mil. its one thing I think they should be clear about because the turret cover says 1/3 MOA and it also says .36 per click. 1/3 rd moa is .349 inches actually. The best idea someone suggested is have the printed yardage turret on the outside. then have the pull up inner drum be marked in 1/10th mil for running a firing solution with smart phone app
The two 5x20x50 Huskemaws(1st Generation and Blue Diamond were .333MOA/click, confirmed and tested with tall tests and 1000 yard POI using a ballistic calculator(Shooter) programmed with 1/3MOA click values for elevation and windage. Also, bought Custom Target Tapes calibrated the same. Dead on to 1400 yards.

it is clear to me they need to figure out a way to be better at marketing some how. I personally think the name is pretty dumb and the logo too. but honestly I can't think of a scope that is specifically for long range hunting that has all he right features.

Their marketing is fine...it's all the clowns that bash them due to BOTW...and the jealousy of it not being their idea. People have hated BOTW since it started due to shear jealousy. But at the end of the day, 90% of the new LR products and even this website wouldn't exist if it wasn't for BOTW/Gunwerks/Huskemaw.

it is clear to me they need to figure out a way to be better at marketing some how. I personally think the name is pretty dumb and the logo too. but honestly I can't think of a scope that is specifically for long range hunting that has all he right features.
leupold vx5hd and vx6hd??o_O

"lol vortex, good hell, junk" lmao, tell us how you really feel......I thought about buying vortex for their "looks good on paper and warranty" but some reviews always takes me elsewhere. I've been trying Athlon, not sure if their any better but its not a vortex, time will tell on Athlon.

"lol vortex, good hell, junk" lmao, tell us how you really feel......I thought about buying vortex for their "looks good on paper and warranty" but some reviews always takes me elsewhere. I've been trying Athlon, not sure if their any better but its not a vortex, time will tell on Athlon.
unless its built in japan, europe or the US, its not going on any gun I own. and no I am not including leupold either.

I bought both a 5-20 and 4-16 Huskemaw after I had Leupold replace a VX6 that wouldn't track. I've had zero tracking issues with both Huskemaw scopes shooting to 1000 yards regularly. My cheap Vortex HS 4-16 tracked perfectly, but the $1200 Leupold just couldn't be trusted.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.