Dog Haulers for truck or SUV?

KurtB

What are you guys using to haul 2 dogs during fall excursions? Have 2 of the ruffland kennels and they are nice. Feel like I need to buy a topper for my Tundra or get them in the back of an SUV though for more protection from elements. Let me know what you like.

I have an Owens hunter series double box. All openings have slide closures to seal out the weather and boxes have an lip below the doors that keeps cedar bedding in the box. My springers have never been happier.

00DD10F6-B273-4CCE-B19A-0274668FA52C.jpeg

My Drahthaars are 82 pounds and one will be 62ish. Thinking that Owens with a 25" height(they have one) would work. How hot has it been with the dogs in there? Heat is my biggest concern, they can handle cold easy enough.

I have an extended cab (not crew). I let the buggers ride in the cab with me. Now if they are wet? No. They ride in the bed in their ruff-tuff crates.

My male GSP is 90-95lbs. He prefers shotgun.

P7O4PL8.jpg

Put a deposit down on a topper for the Tundra. I'll just bolt the Ruff Tuff together and get them strapped down good in back. Season is coming fast, good luck to all you guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.