Does your laser rangefinder have a ballistic and high angle readout?

Litehiker

How many here use a laser rangefinder for hunting? I'll bet a majority of us.
And of those I'll bet most of them have a ballistic hold readout.

My Bushnell 1 Mile ARC LRF binoculars have a ballistics readout based on Bushnell's crude ballistics chart. Works but mainly B/C I've trued the readouts on a range with my hunting load. I have the differences between actual and readout taped to my rifle stock. By now I have memorized most of them as many readouts are amazingly very close to actual hold under 600 yards.

But they have no high angle ballistic compensation (except in archery mode) and this is a real fault, IMHO.
So I may get Leica LRF binoculars with that feature and much more. These LRF binoculars permit your EXACT ballistics to be entered into a Micro SD Card and inserted into the binocular. And then there are the temperature and station pressure sensors that the binocular's on board computer factors into the hold. (Yes gentle readers, I'm spending my adult children's inheritance. Too bad. ;o)

Am I getting spoiled? Maybe but hey, this is a high tech age so why let my LRF binoculars hinder me?

You ask, did I win the lottery? No, but my house is paid off in March. WHOOPEE!

Eric B.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.