Does the 190 ABLR like standard length or kissing the lands?

Overkill338

Just figured I'd start a topic about it, since they arrived today. The post office destroyed the package, but the bullets survived.

You can see where the extra BC comes from though.

190 ABLR, 180 AB, 200 AB
20201219_132428_copy_654x873.jpg

The ABLR shoot well out of most of my Weatherby's so no where near the lands. Also their printed BC always seems to be quite inflated if your trying to true up your dope at longer range adjust bc first

The ABLR shoot well out of most of my Weatherby's so no where near the lands. Also their printed BC always seems to be quite inflated if your trying to true up your dope at longer range adjust bc first
Just got them to try. Ive got several different loads waiting already. 225 ELD, 200 AB and 180 TTSX. With a RUM, thats like two days at the range lol 3 shots and she's warrrrm

I have some 210 ABLR that I have yet to try. The 220eldx worked good at mag length with 87 grains of RL26 fairy dust. This was a hot load in my rifle though. I'm thinking the 220 Berger may work well also at mag length. Just not sure how they will do on game since they are the non hunting bullets. But that doesn't mean they want kill.

I HAVE heard that most of the people that do have them shooting well they are seated WAY off of the lands. Like .100-.120.
Maybe that's why the Poster from early today said his Weatherbys seems to like them
Very good point. I will try the 190, if I don't get what I'm looking for from the others. I have some Barnes 200gr LRX coming if the money order ever finds its target. Ive definitely gave myself plenty of options.

I know a couple folks that would say you practice witchcraft lol I've been told (by them) that 1:12 can't shoot more than a 165 lol
Eric cortina says that small groups matter so I don't care about twist if I can get it too shoot twist only matters to the tight shirt tactical 308 guys trying to shoot 300wm bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.