Does N-570 powder actually exist?!

odoylerules

Seriously, I have been on waiting list for months, scoured the internet to no avail. I can't find it anywhere

It becomes available in spurts from what I've seen in 1 pounders, but expensive. It's been 4-5 years or more since it was avaible in 8 pounders. It seems to be in high demand for its niche application for long range shooters with cartridges at 90-115gr powder capacity which is a small market. Then again I would say in low demand in general. I'm also not aware of the capabilities of Vihtavuori's facility.

Last edited:
I would give Reloader 33 a try if its available to you... It would stink to find a small amount of N570 do your load work up and never get it again... jmo Dave

I bought 4 pounds a month ago from a guy off gunbroker but that is all I have been been able to find. I looked for 3-4 months and got lucky finding that. I heard they are having production issues or some crap and it will be 6+ months before you start to see it again but I dunno if that's true. I would give IMR 8133 a try. I hear good things about rl33 except it's super dirty and not as temp stable.

I'm having a 338 lapua improved built, im gonna run Berger 300 hunter elites, the smith said n-570 was what I should run. I better look into other options it looks like though...

Sold my 28 Nosler so if you are anywhere near Conroe, TX I have over 6 lbs. of RL 33 I'll give you just to get it out of the house. It provided excellent results but you will be cleaning after every 25-30 rounds........And it **** sure speeds up in the Texas heat!

I'm having a 338 lapua improved built, im gonna run Berger 300 hunter elites, the smith said n-570 was what I should run. I better look into other options it looks like though...

Rl33 will get you to n570 speed but it is pretty dirty. I would thoroughly clean it every 25-30 rounds if you go that route.

Retumbo and 8133 will probably be similar in speeds. I'm guessing 100-200fps slower than he n570 or rl33. I also hear of people shooting h1000 but it's going to not produce the higher speeds either. N570 really is the best option if it wasn't so hard to find.

Sold my 28 Nosler so if you are anywhere near Conroe, TX I have over 6 lbs. of RL 33 I'll give you just to get it out of the house. It provided excellent results but you will be cleaning after every 25-30 rounds........And it **** sure speeds up in the Texas heat!
I wish! But I'm in Oregon. Thanks for the offer though

It does exist, as I received 3 - 1lb containers about 4 weeks ago. Been using RL 33 with no complaints. Decided to buy some 570 based on it being all the rage.
Local gun shop ordered mine from his supplier/distributor. Took about 2 1/2 months before he received it.

Last edited:
Lets ponder a bit, shorter supply of Berger bullets plus next to no supply of N570 plus Berger ammo in production + SOCOM 300 Norma allocation = Capstone Precision.

I ask Capstone @ SHOT about N570 availability, answer; check with your local gun shop or online.

Well, thanks for that bit of useless info!

And here I wait with money to spend, and the shyt I want isnt available..*** over?!

Tangent, anyone try Norma powder in their magnums?

it is time to just stick with Hodgen powder, Sierra and Hornady. why develop a new load if you find a pound and then wait months for more. Berger love their bullets but enough of this game it has been going on since Obama administration

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts