Does anyone use this deviceon their scope?

joseph

I just came upon this device Horus Vision : System 5 and was wondering if is worth the money and is it durable? It looks like it is all plastic and looks like it could be broken easily.

What do you guys think?

joseph

Last edited:
I like the one I posted better because the level is on the side of the scope so you do not have to take your eye off the target while looking in the scope.

joseph

The Horus Vision bubble is too small for me to see easily and worse yet in low light. I need the big bubble...it's the aging eyes thing.

I was all for getting one tell I saw this.

Long range shooting often requires scope mounts that tilt the scope down, "20 moa is common," This device has no calibration adjustments, I would like to see a movable line or a mount that can be twisted and locked into position.

Long range shooting often requires scope mounts that tilt the scope down, "20 moa is common," This device has no calibration adjustments, I would like to see a movable line or a mount that can be twisted and locked into position.

Good point Nape.270.

My scope has 80" of vertical so I do not need a sloped rail. A flat rail works just fine. :)

gt40

Joseph, how far out yards does that 80" get ya, what caliber you shooting?

Joseph, how far out yards does that 80" get ya, what caliber you shooting?

I am told that it will work out to 1000 yds. for a .308 and will get me at least out to 600 yds. for my 6mm Norma BR.

I will find out when I get my new Falcon 4-14x44mm FFP scope with the new "enhanced Mil Dot" reticule. I may change my mind and get the Falcon 5-25x50 FFP both have 1/10 Mil click adjustments.

joseph

If you mounted it to your flat Picatinny rail it would work and you could still have your 20 degree mount.

joseph

I've used both of them'…, my money is on the Sniper Tools version... When you set the rifle up for your scope to bore, leveling the scope reticle to the world and the ACD bubble level at the same time; set your Sniper Tool ACI Angle Cosine Indicator up at that time while the rifle barrel is level; based on the bore not the taper off the barrel…. The photos don't saw the nylon .22 cal & .30 cal. dowel that goes into the barrel(s) to verify that the bore is level in this thread. This concept makes it a real pipe hitter at any angle.
Scope Alingment .223

I've used both of them'…, my money is on the Sniper Tools version... When you set the rifle up for your scope to bore, leveling the scope reticle to the world and the ACD bubble level at the same time; set your Sniper Tool ACI Angle Cosine Indicator up at that time while the rifle barrel is level; based on the bore not the taper off the barrel…. The photos don't saw the nylon .22 cal & .30 cal. dowel that goes into the barrel(s) to verify that the bore is level in this thread. This concept makes it a real pipe hitter at any angle.
Scope Alingment .223

WOW, Thanks. I hadn't thought of that yet. Can you use your cleaning rod?

joseph

No…. it needs to be very ridged, and firmly held inside the bore..... But'…., not a hard material that might scratch the bore; Nylon or Wood works best… it just has to be "straight and ridged" to stay concentric too the bore.

i'm not trying to be smart...but do you really think it needs to be calibrated for the 20min base? how many degrees would a person be off and how many degrees does the line on the aci cover up. the aci are pretty coarse and i doubt that there would be enough resolution on the gauge to notice 20min.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.