Does anyone use the Harris Bipod for hunting

I've tried using both bipods and shooting sticks and have ended up not being a fan of either. The more I hunt the more I feel that the less crap you have to carry around with you the better. I've also found that neither gave me a really good rest. No matter what height I had with me it always seemed to be too short or too high, so I was having to contort my body to get on target. I like bipods for prone shooting. But in the field I usually have a pack, and that works just as well for prone.

What I have found I like is shooting with a military style sling. I've found that this gives me as much stability as a bipod (except under ideal circumstances) while being much more flexible. I find that I can stalk and move around with the sling loop on my left arm. From there I can tuck my off hand under the sling and be ready to shoot very quickly if necessary.

Ben

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.