Does anyone use Burris?

Bigcat_hunter

I cant afford anything along the lines of nightforce but I looked @ a Burris tactical today and really liked it. It was around 750.00

Don't know about Burris first hand but I've heard many complain about quality and customer service with the company.

Alot of people on here recommend Nikon Tacticals for a little easier on the pocket option.

I've been in the tactical shooting arena for more than 15 years and have used Leupold MK 4's, IOR's and now own a US Optics on my tactical rifle.

Leupolds MK 4 glass I would rate as just OK or average. IOR's glass is incredible and well US Optics glass is the best I've seen or used.

A couple years back I built a gun for moose hunting in Alaska. .300 WSM LH Win model 70 Featherweight. I didn't want a heavy scope so I went with the Burris 4.5-14X32mm Short Mag compact scope. In the Burris brochure the Short mag compact's glass is listed in the good category and not there best.

I love the Burris short mag scope and the glass is really fantastic. Now it's not as good as the IOR or US Optics glass, but it's a lot better than my Leupold MK 4 glass and it's only Burris's good glass. Their tactical scopes come with their best glass, which I'm guessing would be outstanding glass and it's a lot cheaper than some of the other big name high priced scopes out there.

I've never had a warranty issue so I can't talk about their customer service, but did talk with them about changing the duplex reticle to the ballistic plex. The tech said send it in with $50.00 bucks and it's get taken care in a day or two from receiving it.

I like the Burris short mag so well I put one on my son's Model 70 featherweight .243. Good chance my next guns will wear a Burris

i have a burris sig select 8-32x44 on my 7mm STW. on the lower powers its a really good clear scope but when you get up around 26 power the clearity goes down hill. but i think for a bugdet scope it would be fine.
huntinfool18

I have the Burris 3-12 XTR. It seems like a good scope. I need to wring it out some more. It did have some quality issue, but upon my request, Burris fixed with minimal hassle. I bought it sight unseen and would have had no issues if I had inspected and selected.

I just purchased a 4x16x50mm Burris Black Diamond for my new remington. The clairity is equal to any leupold that i've had or seen. Although it is a fairly long scope. The incrementation of the ballistic plex recticle does not clutter up the view as much as other ranging scopes. I'm satisfied with my selection, and the price being $599 with free shipping from bearbasin.com also was a plus.

I have two, the newer 4X16X50 Fulfield II, mounted on my 243 Sako Forrester and the older Signature Series 8X32X44 on my 6MM Remington. Excellent scopes. The Signature is 16 years old and never have problem with it.

I've only got one Burris rifle scope but about 8 handgun scopes. All have performed well and adjustments are precise.

I had one repair issue on a handgun scope that I bought used. Sent it back, was quickly taken care of and back in my hands at no charge.

save yaself 100 bucks and get the Zeiss conquest 6.5-20x50 from Doug at cameraland.com they cant be beat for less than 1000 bucks

I have a 8x32x44 on a 220 Swift. I have a 3x9 on 25-06 and neither of these scopes have given me any hassles. I have a new 4.5x14x50 sitting in the cabinet ready for the next project. I really like their their ballistic plex reticle on that 25-06. Shoot milk jugs out to 600 no problem w/200 zero.

Hi I recently purchased a Burris Black Diamond 8x32x50 Fine Plex Side Focus Parallax which was fitted via optilocks rings to a Tikka T3 H/B in .223 over here in GB it cost me about £650. The scope is one of the best I have fitted to my rifles for a long time,especially the Fine Plex Reticule and would have no hesitation to recommending to any one who shoots both Game and Target gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.