Does anyone shoot a Sako TRG .300 Win Mag?

sakoluvr

Wondering what your thoughts are, and what did you scope it with, including mounts. Thanks.

I have a TRG-22-308, and a TRG-42-338L. The 42's are identical in both 300, and 338L. I do plan on a 300 as soon as money comes my way. These are one of the best out of the box rifles I have ever used. What more do you want out of a rifle that is used as a sniper rifle for over a dozen countries.
It has a match grade adjustable trigger, full adjustable stock, 60 deg. bolt throw. Only bad part of this rifle is everything is extra, scope base, muzzle break, back up match sights, and so on. i have both of mine set up exactly.

Factory muzzle break, Warne scope rail, Leupold MK4 8.5-25x50 TMR scopes with MK4 rings. I went with the Harris bi-pod adapter and Harris BR bi-pod. Both rifles can and do shoot 5/8" or less 10 shot groups for me. Highly recomend these rifles.

I ran into a guy at our local range. He and his son were both shooting one. The dad had a 300 win mag. The son had both a 308 and a 338 Lapua. They were running mark 4s and NXS'. I talked with them for over an hour and we didn't get much shooting done. They raved about how good they thought they were. They had gone away from custom Remington 700's to these and were showing no signs of ever turning back. I don't know if this helps, but they sure thought that they had found the answer.

Thanks guys. I agree, accessories are expensive! I have not scoped my rifle yet. It has almost turned into a life or death decision <GRIN>. I decided to wait and put glass on it from one of the big 3 (Swarovoski, S&B or Zeiss).

Freaking mounts are crazy high dollar, and I may end up with the 3 ring Sako mount, although I really like the looks of the Spuhr.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts