Does anyone run a custom 270 win?

I had a Custom 270 Win Built b with a 29 inch stainless steel Heavyweight Hart Barrell! I.25 Inch at the Receiver snd 1 Inch at the Muzzle! . 8 Twist On a 98 Mauser Action in a Fijian Target/ varmininter Stock! Shot it once so far using 150 Grn Nosler LR Bulletts! First load was 55.0 Grns H4831 sc Win LR Primers! I Have a Leupold 8.5 X to 25 X on Leupold Rings and Bases ! 1.1 inch @ 300 yards First Time at the Range! I'm Looking for Load Data for the Berger 170 Grn Bullets !!

I have a Ruger 77 tang safety in .270 Ackley Improved. The action was blueprinted/trued, trigger job, pillar/glass bedded factor stock, floated barrel, 26 inch Lilja barrel (1;10) contoured to the original Ruger barrel specs for hunting. At 300 yards the rifle shoots 2 shot, 1/2-3/4 inch groups consistently, due to the barrel structure (Ruger contour) it will not do better then that. With the 150gr ABLRs its getting 3300fps., there's room for more, however the rifle likes the load.

I have a trued model 700 in standard .270 with a proof barrel 26" in 1:10 twist. The only reason its a 1:10 because that carbon fiber barrel was a steal. I shoot the 140 berger classics at 3140 with H4831sc. Didn't even have to use rl26 to get the speed and accuracy I was looking for. I did pick up my first savage 110 and now I am going down the worm hole into making it into a 270 sherman with a 1:8 for the 170 eol.

I have a Shilen barrel on a Savage action. Shoots amazing. It's a 1:10 and I have only shot 130 gr Federal Fusion through it.

I figured the only reason for a faster twist rate was to shoot heavier bullets, and if I wanted to do that the 280AI made more sense. I love my 270, but it seems there are better tools for the job if heavier bullets are plan.

I went with a 270 and a 7mmRM instead of just a 280AI.

I Made mine in the Hopes of Target Shooting to 600 Yards ! It should be Fun once I discover a Load, for that 170 Grn Berger ! Any Suggestions! ???? Any one ???

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.