Does anyone make tapered bases for a MK V action?

JustC

Is there anyone out there who manufactures 10-20MOA bases for the weatherby MK V action?

Thanks much. That may be a while for that price,..but knowing me,..not very long. They make nice looking mounts!!
cool.gif
grin.gif

I believe that you could also look at two-piece mounts, the ones for the Rem. 700 appear to also fit the Weatherby - at least Warne #902 and #876 are used for both Weatherby MK-V and Rem. 700's. There are some two-piece tapered mounts that would be quite a bit cheaper than a single rail mount.
Rails look good, two-piece bases leave the action more open for loading and unloading.

Ian,...I noticed the same thing when looking through the Leupold catalog reguarding the part numbers for the 2 piece bases being the same. When I called, they told me that they had stopped doing that due to the Weatherby action stepping down an additional .020". Therefore, I deduced that if I were to use a 20MOA base set for a remington,..I would end up with a straight 0 degree and be right back where I started from. I am guessing that is right. I saw the Nightforce site listed them specificaly for the MK V action, so I will be attempting to contact them today for an explanation of the difference between the MK V and the 700 mounts. I'll post any asnwers that I get, so that anyone who ever needs to know will have a definitive answer.

Ian,...both Bruce Bear and Jeff at Nightforce tell me they are the same. I guess that settles that. Now to return this scope with no **** adjustment capacity and I am off and running.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.