Does anyone make premium brass for the 264 WM?

Understandable, I have only been reloading for 17 years, and I still forget or confuse stuff all the time. Once I hit 58+ years, I will be lucky to remember which way to point the bullet when seating!! Ha ha.
Don´t discard this as a viable option for the next years where you can´t source bullets...

In the german colonies in Africa, many people used the "poor white rifle", a 9,3x62 M98 rifle. They used to buy factory ammo, pulled the bullets and seated them again upside-down as cheap "solids".

Saved many lives and feed many people.

BTW... When I started to use the fase shoulder, all went perfect... There should be something wron with my dies or the brass... as they don´t know that the belt should hold the case and the case head will not stretch... such a mistery
Ok, the 'mystery' as you call it is called 'reloader induced excessive headspace'.
There is ONE, AND ONLY ONE cause of head separation, and that is excessive sizing by pushing the shoulder back too far.
I'm not going to argue with you, you are wrong and have quoted what you heard on the interweb. This excessive case stretch you refer to is NOT coming from the web. Period.
The dies are not the problem, you are the problem. You are the one causing the cases to stretch.

😤

Would it be a bad idea to have a reamer made that the belt and shoulder wear equally spaced. This would be for my next barrel. The Norma brass stretches .019 and the Winchester.030.

Don´t discard this as a viable option for the next years where you can´t source bullets...

In the german colonies in Africa, many people used the "poor white rifle", a 9,3x62 M98 rifle. They used to buy factory ammo, pulled the bullets and seated them again upside-down as cheap "solids".

Saved many lives and feed many people.
Interesting. Never need them, but I will remember. I figure you wouldn't be shooting to far with that. I am looking into getting a black powder rifle. Bullets have come a long ways. Shooting sport is ever turning new ground. I learn one thing I was behind on new ways to get that group down to the same hole. Take care.

Ok, the 'mystery' as you call it is called 'reloader induced excessive headspace'.
There is ONE, AND ONLY ONE cause of head separation, and that is excessive sizing by pushing the shoulder back too far.
I'm not going to argue with you, you are wrong and have quoted what you heard on the interweb. This excessive case stretch you refer to is NOT coming from the web. Period.
The dies are not the problem, you are the problem. You are the one causing the cases to stretch.

😤
I have load my my 308 Norma Mag for years. I used a 300 Win Mag neck sizing die to neck size the cases. That left about half of the neck and the balance of the case at chamber size. So the case wasn't excessive sizing at all. Never touch the shoulder in that sizing. Generally I don't full length size my cases for my 308 NMag. Still there was and is case stretch. It still required trimming do to case length growth. 300 Win Mag cases are longer at the shoulder, and the neck is shorter. 308 Norma Mag is shorter at the shoulder, and longer neck length. Yet there is still case separation at the belt. Your brass flows forward each shot no matter what.

Brass growth is caused by sizing, not firing...don't believe this, measure before firing, after firing and then after sizing.
The growth is in the neck length.
Why can I get dozens of firings on my comp rifle brass, 300WM & 264WM.
Please don't tell me my cases stretch, they do not if you hold the headspace real tight, don't size your brass excessively and KNOW what brass to avoid. Soft brass is to be avoided at all costs.

Brass growth is caused by sizing, not firing...don't believe this, measure before firing, after firing and then after sizing.
The growth is in the neck length.
Why can I get dozens of firings on my comp rifle brass, 300WM & 264WM.
Please don't tell me my cases stretch, they do not if you hold the headspace real tight, don't size your brass excessively and KNOW what brass to avoid. Soft brass is to be avoided at all costs.
Hi there MagnumManiac...

No intend to keep "fighting" (even if I was some upset due to your confirmations about my experience without knowing anything about me)

I just want to mention that I have been giving advice based in my experience and not in "interweb" readings.

Regarding your last post, I think you could "open your mind"... think about loose chambers (maybe not what you are using in your competition rifles) and virgin brass... I was getting case head stretch in first firing with unsized virgin brass... If I cut the brass just after first shot (without sizing it) case head stretch was there.

My best solution was to create a false shoulder for the FIRST firing.

This situation was only with my M70 264 WM. My 300 WM last lots of reloads without issues.

There are more "situations" thay may need to be addressed... not only the ones you are getting. I have no doubt what you are posting is true to you based on your experience, but when you are developing something using the "scientific method" (don´t know if thats the proper way to call it... just direct translation from the words we use in Spain) you should try to prove the OPPOSITE to your conclusions... try not to confirm WHAT YOU THINK, try to prove thet you are wrong. If you are not abe to prove that you are wrong... EUREKA! this means you are rigth!

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!

Bang your head.gif

I just purchased some Winchester brass, as I could not find Nosler, Norma anywhere. I'd prefer the 264 headstamp, but I do not own a 7 mag. I have a box of Remington Core Lokt for barrel break in, and I was lucky to find some 130 Accubond factory loads, so I snagged those. I may have to go the resize route if they don't shoot, but sometimes you get lucky. If I can get close to 1/2 min MOA with factory loads, I'll just buy a case and call it good when they become available.

Good luck with your search! I love the caliber, and I only rebarreled to run heavier bullets than the factory 1 in 9 twist. Wot has the lighter weight bullets, factory barrel was very accurate.
I've been shooting/loading a .264 for almost 60yrs. It took some work to get it there, but that pre-64 model 70 rifle is still 1.5 moa at 100 yds. I've always used Winchester ammo or brass with Hogdgon ball powder. WInchester is harder brass and thinner than your Remington brass. If you load a Remington case with the same load you put in Winchester cases, it will be WAY over pressure.

Lapua or Peterson make brass for a 300 WinMag. You can resize it down to 264 WM. Graf & Son are out of stock presently, but you can sign in on the wish list. Probably other suppliers you can put in on the wish list too. You cut your necks for thickness, do it before sizing down. Use case Imperial dry lube during resizing to 264WMag. Rockbottom is correct on case volume. So be careful. You may want to get a Redding full length bushing sizing die, and set up some steps in sizing down. You should be able to get a 300 WM from Redding, and get the bushing to step down to 264WM. The case are the same except for the bore size. You can get bushing for other calibers belted mag cartridges.

Lapua or Peterson make brass for a 300 WinMag. You can resize it down to 264 WM. Graf & Son are out of stock presently, but you can sign in on the wish list. Probably other suppliers you can put in on the wish list too. You cut your necks for thickness, do it before sizing down. Use case Imperial dry lube during resizing to 264WMag. Rockbottom is correct on case volume. So be careful. You may want to get a Redding full length bushing sizing die, and set up some steps in sizing down. You should be able to get a 300 WM from Redding, and get the bushing to step down to 264WM. The case are the same except for the bore size. You can get bushing for other calibers belted mag cartridges.
Why in the world would you want to go through all the hassle of reforming a 300 win mag to a 264 win mag, when using a 7mm rem mag would so much easier? Makes no sense to me.

Why in the world would you want to go through all the hassle of reforming a 300 win mag to a 264 win mag, when using a 7mm rem mag would so much easier? Makes no sense to me.
Lapua doesn't make 7mm Rem Mag brass presently. I see that Peterson does make 7mm Rem Mag brass. A lot of the time you can get 300 WMag brass a lot cheaper than other brass in other size cases that are belted Mag. Not realizing that Peterson was making 7mm Rem Mag brass. Yes if you can get the 7mm Peterson brass it would be easier to resize it. Still a Redding bushing die would be the way to go. Just have to change the bushing.