Does anyone make premium brass for the 264 WM?

I run adg 7 mag brass. 10x better than Winchester in every way (except price), way tougher than nosler, I would put it right with Lapua. Treat it like you would any other brass, size it, load it and shoot it. I'm currently running the 156 EOL at 3200 with no pressure signs or other issues. My buddy was using Norma .264 wm brass, if you have to have head stamped, it is probably the best available. But if your ok using 7 mag brass, adg or Peterson is your huckleberry.

I use Weatherby neckup 257 or necked down 270 trim them to length and your good to go,
I find it solves two problems first the quality issue and second the brass last longer. Oh wait there's a third you can really load the snot out of it and it takes it and never says boo.

Dean

I purchased 100 PRVI Partizan to try and see how it goes. It served me well with my .270 Win before. I shot a couple of boxes of factory ammo to break-in the barrel. I have not taken any measurements but visually they look good ...

PRVI Partizan .264 WM brass.jpg

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/73653

I used some once fired Winchester 7 Rem mag cases that I was given. I weighed and sorted them and match prepped them and ran them through the 264 mag die and came out with 100 out of the 140 I was given and they have served me very well.

Nosler and Norma both make brass for the 264 win mag. A couple of years ago, I bought 10 boxes of new/unfired herters brass for my 264WM. I was told it was Norma brass. I dunno, but it's been some good stuff.

Any name brand brass that is weight sorted and properly prepped will work fine.

I have yet to see a double blind test of various brands, all properly sorted and prepped that revealed any difference.

I have a 28" Proof blank begging to be chambered one 264 Win mag. I'm very picky about brass. I almost exclusively shoot Lapua but am dabbling with some Peterson brass on my 260 right now.
So do any premium guys make 264WM or am I going to have to make it from 7 mag?
Mike, if you do not own a 7MM R/M then I suggest this; get 7MM R/M brass and neck it down to 264 Win Mag. I have 250 pieces of Peterson 7MM R/M for my 270-264 Win Mag project. only Robertson's Custom Cartridge makes premium 264 Win Mag brass. At lest to the best of my knowledge. They do not even make the brass I need.. but even if they did.. At an average of $5.25 a piece for brass is way out of my price range.
I have to put an addendum on this: A friend/client came in with his 264 W/M with Lapua brass. Old but still Lapua brass. I found that Nosler, Norma, RCC, and Barnes make brass for this caliber.

Last edited:
I just purchased some Winchester brass, as I could not find Nosler, Norma anywhere. I'd prefer the 264 headstamp, but I do not own a 7 mag. I have a box of Remington Core Lokt for barrel break in, and I was lucky to find some 130 Accubond factory loads, so I snagged those. I may have to go the resize route if they don't shoot, but sometimes you get lucky. If I can get close to 1/2 min MOA with factory loads, I'll just buy a case and call it good when they become available.

Good luck with your search! I love the caliber, and I only rebarreled to run heavier bullets than the factory 1 in 9 twist. Wot has the lighter weight bullets, factory barrel was very accurate.

Not exactly sure what you consider premium. But Nosler does make brass for the 264 Win Mag. Nice cartridge by the way.
I typically consider Lapua, ADG and Peterson as premium brass. Nosler has always been too soft IMO.
I run adg 7 mag brass. 10x better than Winchester in every way (except price), way tougher than nosler, I would put it right with Lapua. Treat it like you would any other brass, size it, load it and shoot it. I'm currently running the 156 EOL at 3200 with no pressure signs or other issues. My buddy was using Norma .264 wm brass, if you have to have head stamped, it is probably the best available. But if your ok using 7 mag brass, adg or Peterson is your huckleberry.
I am a stickler for properly head stamped brass but seems to be no love for the 264WM.
I use Weatherby neckup 257 or necked down 270 trim them to length and your good to go,
I find it solves two problems first the quality issue and second the brass last longer. Oh wait there's a third you can really load the snot out of it and it takes it and never says boo.

Dean
How do you use Weatherby brass? Seems the shoulder and neck dimensions wouldn't work. Unless you are shooting a 6.5/257 Wby
I purchased 100 PRVI Partizan to try and see how it goes. It served me well with my .270 Win before. I shot a couple of boxes of factory ammo to break-in the barrel. I have not taken any measurements but visually they look good ...

View attachment 231576

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/73653

I've actually heard decent things about the PRVI brass. I'll be interested to see how it works for you.