Does anyone make a stock for Sako 995 or TRG-S

Matt Regalia

I know this has been talk about before. But I have heard conflicting stories. Some say yes and some say no. If anyone knows of a company or custon shop that does please post below. I was hoping to find something along the likes of a A-2 McMillan tactical stock.

Thanks,

Matt

Call Dick Davis at McMillan stocks, he'll be able to help you.

He designed the A2 & A3, and is the McMillan production manager, and a nice guy, and a good BR competitor.
cool.gif

Nate,

Do I specifically have to ask for Mr Davis. I called McMillan yesterday and the lady told me they do not make a stock for the Sako TRG-S/ 995.

Thanks for the input. I'll call again tomorrow.

Matt

The problem isn't so much the availability of a stock, McMillan could inlet for it. The problem is the bottom metal. The Sako stuff is molded into the stock, thus there is nothing too put in the McMillan.

MPI Stocks recently built and bedded a stock for my new 30-378 Weatherby which uses the Sako TRG-S action. This action has a very inferior recoil lug situation which did not work well with the newly bedded MPI stock. So...I had MPI add an after-market recoil lug which slides onto the barrel where the barrel attaches to the action. Worked pretty slick. They are very good people to work with.

MPI Stocks

503-226-1215

Ask for the owner: Doc

Mention my recent project to him to explain what you want.

Len, Did you use the trigger guard piece from the original stock, or something different?

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.