Does anyone hunt with 22-250 anymore?

Thank you sir. That's where I'll start. I'm loading Varget for the 75gr Sciroccos and will also try Superformance and 6.5 StayBall. H380 is what I use for my old 788 and they shoot into one hole if I do my part. I appreciate the help.
Just loaded some 64 gr Hammer Hunters for my father in law's Cooper Model 21 with a 1-8" barrel. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, but started with 35.0 gr of H380, Rem 9 1/2 primers, Lapua brass, and will go from there.

I do like my 22-250's! My 788 shoots 55 Ballistic Tips into one hole and has accounted for hundreds of New Mexico prairie dogs. Hang time and splatter factor is the way we used to judge the success of the shoots. I was lucky enough to find a 1-7" Barrett Fieldcraft three years ago and love it. So far the 75 Scirocco has done a great job on our Texas whitetails and hogs but I'm trying to find a load using the 64 and 70 grain Hammes. Does anyone here have a good load with the Hammers in a quick twist 22-250?

I have a 8 twist 22/250AI that likes the 70 Hammer and Varget

Years ago I used to have a Remington 700 chambered in 22-250 that I shot a lot of prairie dogs with. Time went by and the rifle was rechambered in a different caliber and forgotten about. Recently while going through and old ammo box I came across some loaded 22-250 rounds and that got me to thinking about how much I had enjoyed the round. Now I am thinking about getting a barrel chambered in 22-250 or maybe another rifle in that caliber. Time to start saving some coins for another project I guess

The great 22-250 is what started me down the rabbit hole of accurate varmint rifles, my first was a Winchester heavy barrel back around 1980. I killed countless ground hogs in the following years and many foxes.
I burned the barrel out and sold it for what the action was worth and moved up to the Swift. Still shooting a Swift but also have a couple 22-250s again. My current 250s are an older pristine Varmint Special and a newer Tikka with the 1 - 8" twist. Just getting started with the 8 twist but loving it!
When all is said and done and compared to the latest fads and newest stuff..... you can still kill a bunch stuff with the " Great 22-250"!!
Gary

Years ago I used to have a Remington 700 chambered in 22-250 that I shot a lot of prairie dogs with. Time went by and the rifle was rechambered in a different caliber and forgotten about. Recently while going through and old ammo box I came across some loaded 22-250 rounds and that got me to thinking about how much I had enjoyed the round. Now I am thinking about getting a barrel chambered in 22-250 or maybe another rifle in that caliber. Time to start saving some coins for another project I guess
😂 I did the exact same thing with my Remington 22-250 and missed it. Use to be my one gun I always had with me. Winter before last I had MGM custom build a 22-250 barrel for my Thompson Encore in a 1-9 twist. Twisted fluting and had them thread it for a can later. It looks awesome and is a shooter 👍 with 69 smk. Once I wanted a 250 again I couldn't wait to save for another complete build. Thought this was the cheapest fast way and I'm definitely not disappointed

I sold both of mine and honestly don't really miss them. 204 Ruger and a 20BR took its place.
As mentioned above I would go to 22CM and not look back. Buddy has one and loves it, enough that he has another barrel in the works already.

The 22/250 I have I won in a raffle. This is a single shot CVA that has been discontinued. It was able to change out barrels but never purchased any. After replacing the scope mount that came with it this will shoot 1/2 moa or better at a hundred. I don't shoot it much since barrel replacements are not attainable. Sweet little rifle that likes 55 grain nosler bt's.

Years ago I "needed" a dedicated varmint rifle. Being broke, I couldn't afford anything but a Ruger 77 tang safety, bull barrel. Bought on payments. Loaded 55 grain Sierras because bigger is better. Shot nice groups and I killed a lot of coyotes with that load. Ran out 55 grainers and loaded some 50 grain Sierras. As I shot the group, I was cussing the wasted time and powder because I thought I was missing the paper. When I finished shooting ten rounds I went down range to collect the target. All ten rounds in one hole. Since then I am a little more inclined to try different weights of bullets.
Six years ago I had some extra money laying around and had the Ruger rebarreled. Broughton heavy varmint with an 1:8 twist. Doesn't matter what powder, 70 grain Bergers into one hole all day long.
Had a friend that had pancreatic cancer. He called me knowing my love for the 22-250. Said he had a Browning 78 with a Leupold 12x scope and Canjar set trigger that he would let go for $300.00. I had work pretty hard to find the money but I own that rifle and it shoots lights out.
There might be newer calibers in newer rifles but for my money and my shooting, there is nothing like the classic, tested in time and accuracy of the 22-250.
Did I mention that I have killed many deer with this caliber? Not what I would consider a premier deer cartridge, but doe a credible job with proper bullet placement and the correct bullet, plenty of gun for deer to two - three hundred yards.
63 gr Sierra sp killed a lot of whitetails from the late 70s to about 2000

I have a 22-250 bull barrel for a rem 700 and a custom Rem stock for sale. Barrel shot very little and in great condition. I will sell both for #250 + $25 for shipping.
Let me know and I can send pics.
Thanks