Does anyone have some favorite loads for the 7mm SAUM?

ECC

Hello, it's been a while since I posted here. I was wondering if anyone had some favorite loads for the 7mm SAUM. I have a new Sendero coming in tomorrow and I'm looking forward to experimenting with this caliber. Thanks!

ECC
I'm in the load developement stages for a 7 saum right now. I don't have a set load yet but I can say that the groups from my rifle seems to be getting smaller as the pressure goes up.

I've been working with the 160 gr Accubond over Re-22 and H4831sc. I've reached the books max charge for both with no pressure signs and velocity is also below what the book lists so I will be working up from Noslers max as soon as my new scope gets here.
I'll try and post some updates.
Chris

Varget is by far the best powder I've found in the 300 SAUM in both my rifles. It gives best groups and velocity.

Model 7 300 SAUM

59 gr Varget 140 gr Barnes X @3200fps
58 gr Varget 150 gr Nosler AB @3110fps

Both sub-MOA out to 300m

Sendero 300 SAUM

53.5 gr Varget 175 gr SMK @ 2950 fps (about 0.8 MOA @ 500m)
54 gr Varget 178 gr AMAX @ 2940 fps (0.4 MOA @ 500m)

I have found after trying 8 or 9 powders that I needed a faster buring powder to get my best groups and velocity in this caliber. In 7mm SAUM I guess you may need to slow the burn rate down a bit because it is overbored compared to my 300.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.