Does anyone have a sweet and smokey jerky recipe?

midmo

I used to have one on my phone which was my favorite. Sadly I never wrote it down and it was lost when I changed my phone. I have searched on Google and read on forums but I cannot find the forum that originally found it on. I know sometimes recipes are someone's secret but if you know one and don't mind sharing I would greatly appreciate it!

Unfortunately this recipe is for ground meat. I have prepared it in a dehydrator and a propane smoker with and without wood. I typically dry at 145-150 degrees for 4-6 hours. It has a decent smoky flavor even without smoking over wood as long as you pick a sweet mild curry. It is a modified recipe from the Jerkyholic website:
1 lb. venison or elk
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground lemon peel
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ginger powder (fresh ginger is a bit strong)
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder

With the onion powder, curry and lemon peel, the recipe has a decent smoky flavor with sweet overtones.
John

This is a recipe I like to use, simple but good.
Venison cut in 1/2 inch thick strips. Place in layers in a Glass bowl or crock. On each layer dab a few drops of Liquid Smoke, then sprinkle with seasoning salt, garlic powder, pepper and brown sugar. Adjust amounts to your taste. Put in the Fridge 12 hours or overnight. Place across racks in the oven set at 150 degrees. Leave in oven until dry. Do not cook, just dry. It will shrink about 50 percent.

Hi actually Buckammo's recipe is pretty much the same as mine. I use sliced meat. All you have to do is take 1/4 cup of olive oil and add to the mix as well as a little liquid smoke if prefered. I used hickory. Make a brine and marinate 1lb of sliced meat four 24 hours. Then put in your dehydrator and dehydrate it. Turns out really well.

Another good jerky recipe is actually quite simple to make for slice meats. Get yourself some McCormick montreal steak seasoning and follow the marinade instructions on the bottle. Also add a little liquid smoke to your tasting and then I let mine soak over night and put in dehydrator the next morning. Makes a really great tasting jerky.

I can't keep Venison jerky here more than a couple of days once word gets out. My grandsons make short work of it, haha, which is all right, keeps them thinking about getting a deer for grandpa to make jerky with next year.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.