does anyone else shoot a 30-378?

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

There are a few around here that shoot that round. I'm sure someone will chime in but probably not here as not everybody reads the members intro forum.

Hello 30-378 and Welcome, I have two 30-378's. They both like Berger 210's over H-1000 and I have shot my custom barreled one out to 1000 yds. Not that it would not go farther that is just as far as I have practised with it.

Jeff

Hello 30-378,

I have had two 30-378's. One Weatherby and currently a Sako M995 with custom barrel. I am working toward the 1K mark. I am out to 700 right now shooting Berger 210's. Welcome aboard.

Chris

I shoot a Weatherby Accumark in 30-378 that I purchased at Mark Thompsons long Range Schools some years back. I have taken a feww different animals from 500 yard elk to a 624 yard Red Stag in NZ. My rifle shoots faily well, but not as accurate as my custom rifles. I still use it on some hunts though. I shoot a 180 grain Accu bond.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.