Does action bedding void Remington's warranty?

chesser33

I'm getting frustrated with remington senderos, I bought one a month ago and it had a bur in the chamber which made it difficult to close the bolt. Called the retailer and they said would exchange it for a new one. Got the new rifle and tried loading and unloading it, everything looked good, no scratches from any burs. So then I sent it off with my buddy to bed the recoil lug. Couple of days later he's done with it and I can finally shoot it. After shooting the first round I go to extract the case and it's stuck! Using factory ammo, reduced recoil to be exact. So after a few more rounds shot, it still has a hard extraction like if I was shooting some hot reloads. So now what do I do? Send it to Remington to fix or a local gunsmith? Take it back to the store?

What caliber is your rifle? I had a similar problem on a normal rem700 chambered in 7mm rem mag. The issue for me was a crappy extractor. The way Rem extractors are do not always work well with belted magnums. I had a Sako style extractor installed and never looked back. I had also checked chamber for burrs and brass had no signs of pressure or striations that would clue me in on why I couldn't extract a spent shell.

I had the same issue with the Sendero in 7 Mag. Give them a call and explain what is happening. I could chamber just fine, but had an extremely hard time extracting the brass (from factory loads). It had scratches all over it.

I sent it off to Remington and had it back a few weeks later with a polished chamber and it shoots great now.

Called remington customer service and they will take care of it. I was worried about having it bedded and it voiding the warranty but the guy from customer service said that it should not be a problem since the problem I'm having Problems with the extractor. I've heard horror stories about remington customer service, but my experience has been good so far.

Sending it back doesn't mean it will be fixed or extract perfectly each time. The only way to ensure this with the belted mags is to take it to your local gunsmith and have them install a sako style extractor. Will cost you money but you don't have to ship your rifle all over kingdom come and wait weeks for a non reliable fix.

Similar issue with my .300 we long range that I bought last month. Appears to of been a burr in the chamber. $42.50 for the gunsmith to polish the chamber. I haven't fired it, but my gunsmith did. Seems to be OK now. Bruce

Thanks for the input, I've decided to take it to a local gunsmith. I'm going to have him find out what the problem is, blueprint the action and install a jewel trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.