does a picitany base add height?

Tikkamike

I could probably figure this out if I just did a little research but i thought id ask here first. heres the deal. I have a 1" tube leupold with a 40mm objective on my 338 right now sitting in Talley lows and it sits just off the barrel right where i want it. I am switching to a Leupold 30mm tube I am planning on getting 20 moa tapered base and burris extreme Low rings. so will that set the objective approximatley the same height from the barrel with the new setup or will the base make it quite a bit higher? the reason I am asking is if its going to sit higher I may as well buy a scope with a 50mm objective. if this rambling makes sence someone let me know what they think.

I think that you will be fine with EGW 20 MOA rail and Burris Extreme Tactical low rings. That is what I have with my Vortex Viper 6-24x50mm PST FFP scope and Butler Creek flip open covers and they still do not touch my heavy barrel.

"Aim Small Miss Small", :D

joseph

I also have a EGW 20 Moa and Burris ETLow rings on 2 rifles. I am very happy with this set up. The scope bell sits less then 1/4" from the barrel. Bill Maylor..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.