Do you use an Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) for uphill/downhill shots?

Do you use an Angle Cosine Indicator on uphill/downhill shots?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 300 25.5%
  • No, I don't need it where I hunt.

Votes: 494 42.0%
  • No, but I really should use one.

Votes: 383 32.5%

• Total voters
Well yes, I have a few of those items, sitting on a shelf or in a drawer.
At the time these items all seemed to be the answer to my shooting and aiming problems. Matters not which discipline.

Funny, I shot quite well without any of these items. the more I added the more
difficult it became to get off that perfect shot. It soon became apparent that I
really didn't need these items.

Anybody want to buy a dozen or so unique archery releases? How about a
half dozen bow sights? one is a 4 power scope with an adjustable prism on
the front. Most of those didn't work out either.

Rifle stuff is just beginning.

If you are shooting competition or hunting in hilly, mountain terrain the ACT
might be quite valuable. flat Landers probably don't need it. My range finder has one.

1HUNTER, I believe we know each other. landing on my head off a motorcycle in 01 does seem to have impacted my memory. impacted----im so funny.
anyway, I knew I wasn't alone in this. THANK YOU. funny, in the 70s I killed elk out to 400 yards, with NONE of this stuff even having been thought of, yet. the scopes were anything but clear, they fogged constantly, if one was dropped, so sad too bad. all this new/neat stuff is great, but now when I go to the range or go hunting, im always forgetting something I thought I needed. funny how I always seem to do very well without most of it.

1HUNTER, I believe we know each other. landing on my head off a motorcycle in 01 does seem to have impacted my memory. impacted----im so funny.
anyway, I knew I wasn't alone in this. THANK YOU. funny, in the 70s I killed elk out to 400 yards, with NONE of this stuff even having been thought of, yet. the scopes were anything but clear, they fogged constantly, if one was dropped, so sad too bad. all this new/neat stuff is great, but now when I go to the range or go hunting, im always forgetting something I thought I needed. funny how I always seem to do very well without most of it.

If you just happened to own a Leupold, you might get it replaced.

Tip! I use a range bag and a dry box to keep my stuff in, so I don't forget.

Ha ha ha. So far I have a large range box and 3 range bags.

I will be at the range in the morning about 0900. You going to be there? Id sure like to look at your Barska again.

Unless I have you confused with someone else. gun)

I understand that. Now if it would just give you the correct moa sight setting
and the windage adj. All in one.

Now if, you can find a few Primers for a reload, you will be all set.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.